Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: cartuning 42lb injectors

Senior Tuner
    You know, and not to downplay anyone, but Johan at DiabloSport can find the parameter requested within a matter of no time, and then take and add it into ALL the calibrations within an hour or two (depending on what's occupying his time). Jerry W. can do the same thing. A lot of their stuff is automated, on top of that.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Programmer View Post
    In some cases you'll find there are no differences in the stock offset and larger injector offset when the injector resistance is the same as stock--you can 'pattern check' with a labscope to verify it.
    I find just the opposite, and one can simply see this in the various factory calibrations, on top of all the data available from flow-testing various injectors (take a gander at the FRPP injector calibration data, for once instance). That slight difference between certain injectors compared are really part of a bigger tuning picture.

What about low pulse offset ? What about end of injection based on valve timing ? How much extra fuel should be scaled back on an A.I.R. event ? What about wall wetting comp for an injector pattern change ?

What table will you want added next when this one thing doesn't make you happy ?

To have everything added, it'd take a full team more time than feasible. My two cents...I'll dig up some 3800 cal offsets to prove my point.
    That's partially my point, why weren't these included for the V6 defs from the get go, when they were for the LSx series (and even the '98-00 Vortec trucks, which came well after the HPT V6 tuning offerings)? Simply adding in the *main* 3 to 4 various injector parameters would help prevent and cure a lot of issues brought on by incomplete/insufficient injector calibration tuning.

As for spray patterns, most all of the FRPP injectors have the same spray pattern (save for the Terminator, Shelby, and GT40 injectors), which is basically the same as most all of the factory GM injectors. Regardless, the LSx, and Vortec definitions (again, which came after the V6 cars), have transient fueling parameters available. IMO, this should be standard stuff available.

Be thankful for what is available, as there's only a fraction of available tuning info in any of these editors--so lighten up. They'll add more info when there's time.
    I completely understanding not having the manpower available, but typical business strategy also plays a big role here, and it has since HPT V6 has been available. It's been 5 years since I purchased the Unlimited V6 group - yet not one injector parameter has been added that entire time.

All in all, as Bill said, it's likely not going to happen now, and I appreciate and respect him being honest (don't worry, Bill, it wasn't taken bluntly ). I can accept that now and move on. Still doesn't mean I can't blame the lack of this for a lot of the tuning woes from the various V6 and other tuning aficionados on here.

So lay off the rape this and rape that crap...that's very unprofessional.
    I'd nearly think you're advocating simple IFR table raping (that's what it is, regardless that you want to claim I'm unprofessional). Furthermore, for you to flat-out state I'm unprofessional reminds me of all the BS tuning propaganda you used over the years to sell yourself and generate more profit (does "dual octane tuning" ring a bell, just for one?). A bit of the pot calling the kettle black.
    Last edited by RWTD; 10-25-2009 at 08:30 PM.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

I would like to have the tables offered so i can learn how to use them. im running 42lbs right now and when i turn the boost up on this turbo, 65lbs injectors will be in my future. I figured there was plenty of v6 guys that use hptuners that could use the tables? maybe there isnt....

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisb View Post
    I figured there was plenty of v6 guys that use hptuners that could use the tables? maybe there isnt....
    no there are , they are just not on here to know this is a question.

they are just feeding in flow rate vs. KPA numbers that they got from someone else on whichever vehicle specific forum they happen to hang out on that has the same size injectors without realizing the implications.

with the results people are getting on e85/e85 blends with non intercooled SC 3800's ( 12's with external bolt ons only) there are going to be a lot of people going to bigger injectors as e 85 becomes available in more markets
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Dunno, for all the talk not one person has emailed me

From that I take it that its not that important to be honest.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post

From that I take it that its not that important to be honest.

your quote from earlier in the post in this thread:

If you really NEED them for your specific operating system like you are going to die without the injector offset table email your file & serial number

I have considered e mailing to ask you but I dont feel like I "will die without them" since so many who are surely better tuners than I am have been managing without this data for a long time so I have been trying to educate myself more so I can run the 42.5's I installed a couple weeks ago and will probably order gregs dvd shortly to see if that gives any insight.

since installing them my trims are way off but I havent been able to spend the time to try to tune in my trims so I dont want to ask you to jump through hoops until I have made a decent attemp to straighten things out first.

I am the one who bumped the thread yesterday so it has been on my mind
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

I have the 42lbs and im having trouble getting my trims dialed in. seemed like it was much easier with a ported tb and stock injectors, then again i did add the turbo and went back to a stock tb... part throttle im good, its idle i go way positive then it goes negative. might email ya here Bill i just need to read and learn more.

Tuner in Training
    I'd like to see these tables added as well....

I've read Greg's book...while the injector section is a good read, it does nothing for the 3800 guys since we don't have access to the tables

Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    You got mail
    ________
    FREE AMATEUR STREAMING
    Last edited by KShef; 04-26-2011 at 05:35 AM.

Senior Tuner
    AleroB have you tried the 36lb Grand Prix injectors? Drop them in for a try if you haven't and set your injector table to 4.30 across the bord. Here is mine at idle
    http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/z..._injectors.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MMGT1 View Post
    AleroB have you tried the 36lb Grand Prix injectors? Drop them in for a try if you haven't and set your injector table to 4.30 across the bord. Here is mine at idle
    http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/z..._injectors.jpg
    Yes, I tried those, tried RC Engineering 35 lb's also. And tried every IFR setting and tuning combination possible, with the same result. It could be that the high altitude here puts the system past some minimum threshold, but I doubt that.

Edit: I was finally able to get them to work decently after demodding the car, found something I overlooked in the TB/Supercharger interface
    Last edited by AleroB888; 01-19-2010 at 11:02 PM. Reason: update
    1999 GLS MP90 supercharged / 2003 GL MP62 supercharged / 2004 GLS stock
    Magnuson MP90 / TOG's / 3 in. Magnaflow exhaust / MSD ignition / LS1 MAF / Racetronix pump / HP Tuners / TCE 68mm TB / 36 lb Inj
    = Best track time: 12.951 @ 104.48, 1.839 60 ft. (Beech Bend Raceway Park, 11-23-13), 50 Deg. F
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpVYZPbpPzk

Potential Tuner
    I just discovered this thread and you can add me to the list of people who would like to see the tables included. I've avoided going to larger injectors (and all the other parts), because of the problems others have, not being able to tune it tight.
    Please, oh great one, add the tables!
    I want to go bigger....
    Last edited by WaterDog; 11-19-2009 at 05:25 PM.

Murph is getting the word out. I'll raise my hand also and ask for better injector tuning with additional tables. I run 65# moto's on a twin-charged setup. There are a lot of others running turbo setups with these injectors as well.

2000 Regal GS | Twin-Charged T72 | HPT Pro + PLX Wideband | 12.55 @ 110 on 15psi | Now running 20psi on E85!

1998 5.9L Durango | Powerdyne supercharger @6psi | Mesa Headers | Gibson Cat-back | 1.7 RR's | Tuned PCM | Ported Heads | Custom TB & Intake | Custom fuel rails | Rebuild coming soon...

Along with LX5 tuning, I'll throw my hat into this ring as well. Please add the tables.

Quote Originally Posted by RWTD View Post

I'd nearly think you're advocating simple IFR table raping (that's what it is, regardless that you want to claim I'm unprofessional). Furthermore, for you to flat-out state I'm unprofessional reminds me of all the BS tuning propaganda you used over the years to sell yourself and generate more profit (does "dual octane tuning" ring a bell, just for one?). A bit of the pot calling the kettle black.
    The word is unprofessional, just like your claim.
    2009 Cadillac CTS-V 196.7 MPH on the Salt
    Superflow SF600 FlowBench -- Superflow Autodyn 30 Chassis Dyno -- Superflow SF901 Engine Dyno--RaceLogic Emulator -- MikiPro Logic Emulator -- ASNU Injector Flow Bench --

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by KShef View Post
    You got mail
    Resend as I can't find anything in this regard.

Advanced Tuner
    I agree with programmer. 99.9% of tuners can get by just fine with the IFR table. All the other parameters available will not be of significant value just because you upgraded your injectors. Would they help with your tune? Possibly, but they are just as significant with stock injectors as they are with non-stock injectors.
    2005 Grand Prix GTP
    My CarDomain Page

email sent

Perf. I hear what you're sayin' and agree. That's what I did with my 42s.
    There's just one caviot; More experienced tuners and gurus that have had a taste of LSX tuning won't stoop to our level and bestow any pearls of wisdom upon the lowly 3800 "rapists".
    Having said that, I'll reiterate post #15, this thread.
    Last edited by passingpower; 11-24-2009 at 11:37 AM. Reason: spelling

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    FYI I've emailed just about everyone thats contacted support regarding these additional tables for their calibration with the exception of one or two that are outstanding.

-Bill

Advanced Tuner
    thats super Bill. I just saw a post by Chris that he had added some tables for 3800 here: http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26300

so will this be included in the upcoming 2.24 public release ?