Thread: Transmission Tune

Transmission Tune

I am ready to tune my A4 and I have been reading the stickys and the forums. I have a few questions from the info posted. I am going by this writeup.
    With a stock trans, leave all the torque management tables stock. Then go the trans upshift torque reduction table (normal) &
    multiply it by .5. But first you need to get the shifts firmed up by increasing the shift pressure table (normal).Then set the
    Abuse Mode to disable, that table is to prevent brake torquing the car.

How much do I increase the shift pressure table?

I have also found a few writeups where one person would say disable engine torque management and another person says not to. Which one is it?

The transmission is a 4L60E in a 2000 Trans Am. 3500 rpm stall converter, external transmission cooler and 2-4 corvette servo.

Potential Tuner
    Get ride of Torque management 100% no reason to have that as for adding pressure to transmission be very careful how much you add

Post your latest & stock tunes. I need to know the gear ratio & rear tire size.
    What do you want the WOT shift rpm at?

Russ Kemp

Quote Originally Posted by Russ K

Russ Kemp

Russ,
    Still waiting on wideband. Give me a few weeks and I will post my current tune.
    Thanks

I have no torque management! tranny lasted 4 yrs and then only broke because of broken snap ring in low clutch pk.

Fastest A4 Coupe Bolt On's
    11.33 @ 119.84 mph OLSD Tune

Tuning done by www.GearsAreUs.com

Tuner in Training
    Russ im getting ready to tune the trans in my 03 tahoe and i was wondering what i needed to do to firm up the wot and part throttle shifts a little? I can post my tune as soon as my laptop gets repaired this weekend.

If your trans is the 4L60E/4L65E, then install the Corvette servo before tuning the shift pressure tables.

Russ Kemp

Russ Kemp
    Russ, Finally got a chance to work on my car. Here is a stock tune I downloaded from the Tune Repository. Remember I do not have the stock tune from my car because it was tuned by a local tuner. The kazws6 tune is what I have in the car now. Its a 4L60E with 3500 rpm tci stall. I have 3.73 gears, 2-4 corvette servo, shifts rpms is set at 6500 rpms and it seems about where I want it. I run the stock tires which are 275 40 R17. I am unsure about how much I should add to shift pressures. I hear your the man at trans tunes.
    Thanks,
    Jerry
    Last edited by ws6ick; 07-30-2008 at 01:13 PM.
    2000 Trans Am WS6, 383 RWHP 344 RWTQ
    2006 GTO, LS2, Cyclone Gray, M6, 1 of 475
    2009 Chevy Silverado

ws6ick,

Try this trans tune. Looked at your tune, and set up your misfire tables & DTC. You have way too much spark timing,
    once the AFR is tuned to 13.0, try 24-26* total WOT spark timing.

Russ Kemp

ws6ick,

Try this trans tune. Looked at your tune, and set up your misfire tables & DTC. You have way too much spark timing,
    once the AFR is tuned to 13.0, try 24-26* total WOT spark timing.

Russ Kemp

Thanks Russ, your the man. I will let you know how it does.
    Jerry
    2009 Chevy Silverado

Russ,
    I flashed your tune in my car and only drove it around the block. Seems to be running just fine except for its hunting idle in park. the rpm goes from 600 to 1000 just bouncing back and forth. I will get it out tomorrow for a few wot runs and see how she shifts. Any ideas on why the idle is hunting?
    2009 Chevy Silverado