Thread: Trailblazer TC for '08 Yukon

Trailblazer TC for '08 Yukon

Finally got my hands on an '08 Yukon and am looking for a lot more go off the line.

Done a basic tune of spark, PE and TM. There's still alot more to do once I gut the cats, get an intake and exhaust system. The car is still under warranty so I don't want to risk the chance of losing it by the dealers knowing the cats have gone.

Either ways, this brick is very sluggish off the line!! Did some info on the Trailblazer TC convertor swap and found it gives up good gains.

Now I followed the TC tuning by the guru of trans Russ K, setting Maximum slip to 100 and min to 90. Copied over the tables from the 3rd gear over to the 2nd. With the stock Yukon TC, I feel a sort of vibration through the steering wheel at cruise. I now it has something to do with the TC, but still not sure.

But back to the question, would changing the Stock TC for a Trailblazer mean me having to change all the TC settings? Or could the changes I've already made me suitable for it?

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Advanced Tuner
    I would think the only difference in the two converters is going to be size, clutch size and stall rpm. Other than that the settings for lock up and unlock speeds might need some tweaking after it is installed.

Tuner
    I just bought a Trailblazer stall for my Silverado for $90 off ebay. I hear it has a stall speed of 2600rpm. And since im not running a huge cam i don't need or want anything more than that. I just got the transmission in tonight so I will find out shortly what kind of tuning it might need.

yeah please let me know how it goes. My friend installed a TC on his Trailblazer and is giving me his stock tc for durt cheap... install as well doesn't cost too much, so i might get that installed soon with some corvette servo's....

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Instagram

Tuner
    Ok the verdict with the Trailblazer stall.. My opinion is that unless you did an over night swap and was use to the way the old stall drove you really can't tell too much just driving around. The only way you can tell is about 1/2 throttle it seems like it keeps the revs up but it really doesnt hold at 2600 like advertised. The more I drove it I think the more I could tell but thats only knowing that its in there.

cool so i take it in the end there's not really much point in tuning for one..

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Instagram

Tuner
    ya really no since in tuning for it.. its just gave me a few more hundred rpm stall while accelerating.

Tuner in Training
    I stil have a trailblazer TC, wana buy mine?

Quote Originally Posted by goldbergv95 View Post
    I stil have a trailblazer TC, wana buy mine?
    He doesn''t have the truck anymore and it won't fit his Denali.
    2023 Ford Edge ST

2020 Ford F150 King Ranch 5.0