Thread: Help with limiter

Tuner in Training

Help with limiter

I hope some one could take a look at this for me. I am tuning a 2002 gmc 1500 truck. It was originally a 5.3/4L60e. Now it is a built 6.0L/4L80E with a
    D1SC procharger making about 10psi. I am using the 2bar SD OS with 4L80E patch from EC tune (thanks doug!!). The truck runs great and if I set shift points for 5500rpm there are zero problems and the truck runs great. But if I bump the shift points up to say 5800 I hit some limiter that shuts down the injectors and the truck runs in some kind of reduced power mode till you lift.
    If you lift its fine and ready to rock again. The only thing I see that might be the problem is that as long as dynamic airflow stays under 450 g/sec it does not do this. On the logs that do it I see 460's for a frame then boom it shuts off. Could you guys take a look at the file for me and see if I missed somthing?

I attached a log file go to frame 410 and you can see WOT at 5700 then boom injectors off and I am still at WOT.

Thanks

Nolan

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Try logging commanded afr & also delete some of the PID's you aren't using so you can get under 24 bytes as you loose alot of frame rate by logging as many bytes as you are.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Try maxing out your MAX TORQUE vs RPM in the TM section. Don't really know if that is it but everything else looks OK in the RPM limiter section.

Also look at your WOT Shift MPH settings. You should have something other than zero there. Try the 100% line values of the shift point table.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner in Training
    Here is another log go to frame 369.

I logged commanded AF and deleated abunch of stuff as requested.

Let me know if you need anything else

EC I did the 0's just to try it out for shits and giggles.

Please let me know this things makes max power in the 6000 so I need more rpm.

Also we had put in a new crank sensor just incase.

Thanks

Nolan