Thread: 07 TBSS efan swap

Tuner in Training

07 TBSS efan swap

We swapped efans into an 07 TBSS using the Vector Motorsports kit. The kit wires one fan to the existing harness that was plugged into the stock fan shroud. The other fan is wired into the computer. We're trying to figure out which "fan type" setting to use in order to control these fans properly. The 4 choices are Discrete, PWM Electric, PWM EV, and PWM MRF. What's the best way to control the fans?

They currently cycle on and off once the car is running. Thanks.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    PWM electric is what you'll want, we'll be adding some more parameters into beta over the next week or so as well that should help to fix all of the problems people are having with their Electric fan conversions.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by My90Iroc
    We swapped efans into an 07 TBSS using the Vector Motorsports kit. The kit wires one fan to the existing harness that was plugged into the stock fan shroud. The other fan is wired into the computer. We're trying to figure out which "fan type" setting to use in order to control these fans properly. The 4 choices are Discrete, PWM Electric, PWM EV, and PWM MRF. What's the best way to control the fans?

They currently cycle on and off once the car is running. Thanks.
    Does that kit still have twin fans and relays?
    If so it need to be set to discerete 2 fans and the rest of the parameters adjust accordingly. I have done a couple of these on 07s, they do work

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by NTIMID8
    Does that kit still have twin fans and relays?
    If so it need to be set to discerete 2 fans and the rest of the parameters adjust accordingly. I have done a couple of these on 07s, they do work
    Yeah there are 2 fans and 2 relays. One is controlled from the plug that went into the original fan shroud and the other by the computer. I have it on discrete with 2 fans selected. I didn't adjust anything in the fan relay controls tables. In the fan desired % vs. ect I have 0 at 192 and 85 at 196 yet as soon as you start the car at least one of the fans cycles on and off immediately.
    Last edited by My90Iroc; 07-05-2008 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by My90Iroc
    Yeah there are 2 fans and 2 relays. One is controlled from the plug that went into the original fan shroud and the other by the computer. I have it on discrete with 2 fans selected. I didn't adjust anything in the fan relay controls tables. In the fan desired % vs. ect I have 0 at 192 and 85 at 196 yet as soon as you start the car at least one of the fans cycles on and off immediately.
    Yup, same setup still. Set all your fan output control states to all 1's

Then set you fan state transitions % to

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    PWM electric is what you'll want, we'll be adding some more parameters into beta over the next week or so as well that should help to fix all of the problems people are having with their Electric fan conversions.
    About time. Can you make the "System" box resizeable so we can eliminate the scroll bar and see all the options at once?

Let's see some more AC compressor kick out tables as well like the delay after AC clutch kickout before it can kick back on.
    Last edited by WarWagon; 07-18-2008 at 10:51 AM.

Senior Tuner
    If you need some help with it let me know, I sell fan kits for TBSS's and I don't mind patching them for people. With Vectors kit you'll want to use the discrete setting.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Ahh ok, I guess it depends on the kit...I believe the kit PCMForLess that Alvin sells must be set to PWM Electric. Thanks for the clarification Alvin.

-Bill
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Senior Tuner
    Well, I have 2 kits, one kit requires PWM E and the other requires descrete.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    Alvin, care to send me a PM with details and pricing on your fan kit for an 06 TBSS?

Senior Tuner
    I'll just say it here. .Go to pcmforless.com and then electric fan kits on the left hand side of the page.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com