Thread: advice on 4T65-E PCS change

Potential Tuner

advice on 4T65-E PCS change

I am replacing the pressure control solenoid - my 2004 GP , has the 4T65E and is intermittent symptoms related to DTC 1811. Is it necessary, if only changing out this unit , do you need to completely remove the side cover, or will there be enough space to remove and insert this unit by just having the cover unbolted and angled away. This unit is positioned at the friont of the body behind the cover, and all diagrams indicate it may be accesible without the cover completely removed. I would greatly appreciate the info if anyone has done this change out. The pcs is widely known to be defective if original, and should fall under GM recall, instead of just a lousy TSB. thanks in advance for your time, happy 4th and god bless the USA!!

Advanced Tuner
    I believe you should be able to get it out without removing the cover from the vehicle. I've replaced them, but on a lift when it really wasn't that much more work to drop the left side of the subframe down about 8". That gains enough access to easilly remove the cover form the car.

I'm not too sure how good it's gonna turn out, but attached is a pic of the PCS and the cli you need to remove in order to replace it. This was taked when I rebuilt my transmission.

BTW - not sure if the TSB states it or not, but turn the torx screw on the back of the PCS valve about 1/8 round clockwise. Unless it has been corrected already, these new valves from GM were coming misadjusted.
    -Eddie

1998 GTP - 3.4 [3.2] [3.0] MPS - custom CAI - F.1 Ram Air hood - XP Cam - Ported Heads - 1.84/1.60 Si valves - 1.6 HS Roller Rockers - 72mm Ported TB - LQ4 MAF - 42.5# Lucas Injectors - Pacesetters
    1/4 PB - 13.025 @ 106.81 MPH w/ 2.069 60'
    2021 Chevrolet Colorado 2.8 Baby Duramax

Not to thread hijack, but could that misadjustment possibly be a cause for a harsh unlock when slowing to a stop, or a surging issue at highway speeds? I'm just trying to track down the cause of this current problem I have after my last trans rebuild. Sorry, back to your regularly scheduled thread programming, lol.
    2012 C63 AMG

Advanced Tuner
    I kinda don't think so, but I'm not a transmission builder so I'm not the best person to ask. I've worked professionally on cars for almost 20 years, but only rebuilt that one transmission. I had a transmission builder help with advise here and there, that's where I found out about the PCS tweak.
    -Eddie

1998 GTP - 3.4 [3.2] [3.0] MPS - custom CAI - F.1 Ram Air hood - XP Cam - Ported Heads - 1.84/1.60 Si valves - 1.6 HS Roller Rockers - 72mm Ported TB - LQ4 MAF - 42.5# Lucas Injectors - Pacesetters
    1/4 PB - 13.025 @ 106.81 MPH w/ 2.069 60'
    2021 Chevrolet Colorado 2.8 Baby Duramax