Thread: New Software cannot connect to VCM

Potential Tuner

New Software cannot connect to VCM

First off I am using this program on my 1998 Trans Am. Another HP Tuners on a friends laptop connected fine. The car also starts and runs fine.

My problem is that I cannot connect to my VCM. It is telling me to verify that the vehicle is in the run position , which it is. I searched the forums and it seems that everyone using vista is only having driver issues. My drivers seemed to install fine, but only prompted me once to install them. Not twice like it was mentioned in the startup email that it might.

When I connect the cable to my ALDL and not the computer the green light comes on, on the interface. When connected to the computer only it also coming on. So i know that it is getting the signal from both the PCM and the laptop.

When I first opened VCM Editor after installing my app. key, a screen came up for a firmware update. Now when this came up and started the interface was connected to both the vehicles PCM AND the laptop. I dont know if this could have caused an issue.

I am operating on Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 installed.

What else do I need to check? I already tried to uninstall and reinstall the software, as well as restart the computer. I am out of guesses. Your help would be much appreciated.

You will have to check your hardware list to see if both drivers are installed with the MPVI plugged in to the laptop. If only one driver installed the PC won't find the "B" HPT driver and the interface won't work. You might have to go through uninstalling the drivers and then reinstalling the drivers. Also see this THREAD for the lastest ones.
    Always Support Our Troops!