Thread: Injector problems 06 Dmax

Advanced Tuner

Injector problems 06 Dmax

I am working on a buddys truck that got bad fuel with ALOT of water in it. have pulled tank and cleaned it, put 3 fuel filters on it. i dont really know anything about Diesels. what are factory balancing rates for the injectors? they are all within +/-4 except #2 which is at +10 to +11. does he have a bad injector or could it be a pump problem?

The truck idles rough. it doesnt smoke abnormally when it idles, but he says its lacking power. any ideas? thanks in advance.
    2008 Denali XL AWD LSA Blower
    2010 CTS-V
    2005 LLY Duramax SAS
    2015 Denali

Factory balancing rates should be between +/- 4mm3 for a LB7. I don't have a book for and LLY or LBZ. I would think that it's safe to assume that #2 is toast.
    My wife says my motto is "I can either do it my way or you can do it your way." I have no idea what she's talking about.

2007 LBZ dually Classic
    Cold air
    Cat back
    Bald Tires

Advanced Tuner
    hmmm...is it ok to buy just one injector or should all be replaced? why would only one of the injectors die and not any of the others?
    2010 CTS-V
    2005 LLY Duramax SAS
    2015 Denali

I guess it would be ok to just replace what you need. you can buy then individually. Not sure but I'm guessing that all 8 would cost in the $2000 + range. Their not like spark plugs. You night want to check into this too, some of the early Duramax diesels had a 7yr 200k mile warranty. I think 01 thru 04, but don't quote me on that. I wouldn't mention the water.

Why would just one go bad? Hmm, why not? Their all indepentant electro-mechanical ( if that's a word) devices. You could replace all 8 , but for me it would be cost prohibitive.

I would try to talk to a mechanic a the dealership.

JW
    My wife says my motto is "I can either do it my way or you can do it your way." I have no idea what she's talking about.

2007 LBZ dually Classic
    Cold air
    Cat back
    Bald Tires

Correction on my last post. The INJECTORS only on some of the older dmax had the 7 yr 200k warranty...

Sorry

JW

2007 LBZ dually Classic
    Cold air
    Cat back
    Bald Tires

Advanced Tuner
    ok well thanks for the help. i am going to swap the one and see what happens then.
    2010 CTS-V
    2005 LLY Duramax SAS
    2015 Denali

I think the lbz are +-6 in good range. I would only replace the bad injector. That is what the dealers do so should be good for you to do.
    2006 LBZ Duramax 4x4 CC SB 2500HD SRW 4x4 LT1 (with extras), Blocked & Fingered, Fumoto drain valve, Keystone Ram Air Good Hood, Banks Ram Air, Access cover & Rhino over the rails, Victory Red.
    33'-0" Dutchman fifthwheel,Tekonsha Voyager Brake Controller

Banks Sixgun with HPTUNERS.

Did you have any luck with the injector swap? I'd like to see how it worked out.

JW

2007 LBZ dually Classic
    Cold air
    Cat back
    Bald Tires

Advanced Tuner
    well my buddy is still shopping around for one. i will get a log today and post up so you guys can see it. thanks for all the help and i will let you guys know the outcome.

Nick
    2010 CTS-V
    2005 LLY Duramax SAS
    2015 Denali