Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't enable EGR for Wideband

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    The later LS1 pcm's don't have enough room for the additional tables, since egr is already disabled in the later operating systems it was deemed expendable so we used that space to add our os mods, so its either 1,2 and 3 bar support or being able to log a wideband through EGR, we chose to add custom operating system support.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    since only some trucks came with a transmission temp gauge,but the sender was in all transmissions,those pins on the pcm could most likely be used.you'll have to check your wiring pinout.

I think I found a solution. I put the fuel tank level sensor (instead of EGR) on a switch with my wideband on the other end. Only difference is now I just have to remember to flip the switch before logging and know I have enough fuel before hand. I really didnt want to mess with the AC system since it gets pretty hot here down south.

I couldnt get it to work correctly using the fuel level sensor so I went to the AC pressure instead, seems to work ok.

Tuner in Training
    Not meant to hijack.. I have a 98 fbody a4 ecu, it apperas to be in 2 bar map mode, do we NEED to add egr voltage to the table view in order to log EGR (wideband afr) ?

Mine says "24" then "this vehicle only supports 24 bit operations" or something along those lines...what is up with that?

Is this the HPtuners taking up all the left over space on the ecu for mods? Can I somehow get rid of the 2 bar programming? I'd really apprecaite if I could datalog properly wide wideband!

Tuner in Training
    I know this is an old thread but I just stumbled across this after wiring my wideband to work through the egr. The car is a 99 fbody p01 controller. Am I understanding this correctly, there's no way to enable the egr so the wideband will function?

I have a 2002 that should have the same PCM as the 1999.

EGR is not used on the 2002 Camaro's, but the EGR pin 55 on the blue PCM can be used as an analogue input for the wideband.

When I set mine up, if I recall correctly, originally it did not receive the WB signal until I enabled the EGR and zero'd the table.

There are basically two math formulas for converting the AEM WB from volts to AFR, depending which vintage gauge you have.

Advanced Tuner
    post the tune. depending on the OS you may be able to use other pins.

Tuner in Training
    FT7.9.6 less TC plus egr enable.hpt

This is the tune. I just don't see a way to enable the function.

Advanced Tuner
    Go to the exhaust tab, under General enabled, change from Disabled to Enabled. EGR Tab.jpg

Tuner in Training
    Yeah it's not there on mine. Can it be segment swapped? I'm pretty green on how those work.
    No EGR.png

Advanced Tuner
    Go to system, General tab. Open systems Options. What file are you starting with?

Quote Originally Posted by kyotey1693 View Post
    Yeah it's not there on mine. Can it be segment swapped? I'm pretty green on how those work.
    No EGR.png
    They took away the ability to turn on/off egr with later updates of hptuners. If you go back to using the version of hptuners that came with the mpvi2 on the flashdrive, the button will be there again. I had two different versions on my computer and found that out. Post your file and I'll change it for you and send it back. You still won't be able to see the button though, unless you get an older version.
    Last edited by Matt Vardaman; 10-15-2022 at 09:51 PM.
    2001 Silverado 5.3 - 209/217 cam, GT45 Turbo on 7lbs, Aem x-series wideband, 50lb/hr flex fuel injectors, on E85 with content sensor

1999 Silverado 6.0/4L80E Summit Stage one camshaft, 317 heads (replaced cast iron)

Advanced Tuner
    Interesting, I'm still using 4.10.7.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks man! I had no idea that would work.

FT8 with RTT 1 BAR SD OS.hpt

Potential Tuner
    SDStep1.hpt

Hello, are you able to enable my egr in my tune file as well so I can use my wideband o2 to log, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by xsocaltrashx View Post
    SDStep1.hpt

Hello, are you able to enable my egr in my tune file as well so I can use my wideband o2 to log, thank you!
    Try this. Not 100% sure I got it right.SDStep1_egr enable.hpt

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by gametech View Post
    Try this. Not 100% sure I got it right.SDStep1_egr enable.hpt
    I am running 3 bar Speed Density tune and after wiring into Pin 55 Blue I cant see the Voltage. Like the others I can not Enable EGR?

virgin.hpt

Try this. No guarantees.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Thanks, I actually remembered that I had a 2020 HPTuners thumb drive and deleted the new software and installed the 4.7.8 version. EGR Enable/Disable button re appeared ha. So thats the hack to fix the issue.

Enable EGR using VCM Suite 4.8.7.PNG