Thread: 06 Gto

Tuner in Training

06 Gto

Hey all i got rid of the monte carlo ss and picked up a 06 GTO with 9,000 miles on it, wondering is there a base tune thats maybe a little better than stock out there?, apparently there is a prob with certain build dates mine being one where the electronic brake controler prevent me from doing a brake stand, ive read that a tune other than stock eliminates this(idk how), any help or point in right direction much appreciated

Tuner in Training
    NO ONE? i mean come on guys gotta be somethin out there

Senior Tuner
    You're meaning "Brake Torque" it. Go to "Torque Management, General", and then open up "Brake Torque Limit".

FYI, you should be able to brake torque your car quite easily stock. Just disable the TC (Traction Control).
    Last edited by RWTD; 07-22-2008 at 10:00 PM.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Tuner in Training
    i cant apparently there is a known issue with some build dates mine being one of em i just squats a little and rpms stay at 1300 with traction control on or off doesnt matter, from what i understand on other forums there is a TSB for it however trying to get the dealer to replace it under warranty is tuff because the only advantage is being able to do a burn out, or i could zip tie the switch right behind the brake pedal but then cruise doesnt work, was told for whatever reason a tune other than stock eliminates it as well, so i wanted to try and go that route before going to the dealer and be like fix this so i can do a burn out LMFAO

Senior Tuner
    Do you have HPT? If you do, please attach a copy of your factory file to this thread.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Tuner in Training
    yes i have HPT, i work alot as soon as i can get a min ill get the stock file here, sorry for all the questions the car i had before this was a V6 Monte Carlo, new to the whole V8 thing, not knowledge wise just owning one

Tuner in Training
    ok here is the stock file, what am i looking for so i can brake torque?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 00mcss
    ok here is the stock file, what am i looking for so i can brake torque?
    The big option that says BRAKE TORQUE LIMIT under torque management?
    2014 Corvette Z51 M7
    A&A Vortech V3 SI on 3.8" Pulley, Texas Speed 1 7/8" Catless Longtubes, MightyMouse Gen 5 catch can, LT4 High Pressure Fuel Pump
    617rwhp/575rwtq

Tuner in Training
    ok and what do i set it at?

Tuner in Training
    no one wants to lend some help?

Advanced Tuner
    So you are trying to brake torque to get the wheels spinning on the street? You need to set that table to the max #'s which is 6046 or something like that. Basically, the numbers that are in there are to make sure you have the ability to hold the car stopped incase the throttle sticks wide open. Unless I'm missing something, I think this is what you are asking.

Don't forget to turn of TC, lol.
    www.outlawpontiacdragseries.com
    Come race with us in MA, PA, and VA!

2005 GTO A4 - Spintech X-pipe with Powerstick mufflers, IAT relocate, Volant, !scoops, !cowlgasket, !skid plate, LM-1, HPT2.0/MPVI Pro USB, 275x40x17 Nitto DR, rolled fenders, Pedders 2985 springs, Britax baby seat with 5 point harness.
    Stock:13.36@104
    Mods in sig:[email protected]

The Brake Torque limit is 480 ft lbs at 0 Manifold Vacuum Kpa (WOT). Zero the Trans Abuse Mode Torque Reduction
    table as shown.

Russ Kemp

Advanced Tuner
    I went the other way - from a 2006 GTO to a 2007 Monte Carlo SS. Both are great cars in their own right. The GTO is a far better build quality and materials in and out, as well as being 400hp. The Monte SS is far more fuel efficient (A4 vs A4), with some tuning pushes 330-340 hp, and is far more comfortable for my bad-back.

I should have my stock-hardware tune somewhere at home. There's a few things I'd do differently these days (more experience) but it will give you a place to start from. I'll check at home tonight.

I know this thread hasn't been posted in in a long time...but I'm having the BCM problem and nothing in the tune seems to fix it.....please help!!!!

-Dave