Thread: blue screen on connect to MPVI

Tuner in Training

blue screen on connect to MPVI

Hi

I have used HP tuners since 2.14 or so. I just upgraded to 2.2 (last version I had installled was 2.1). This is on the same laptop that I use for all everyday tuning.

Now, when I try to run the new s/w, I get a blue screen when it tries to read the licenses from the MVPI. I also get the blue screen when it tries to connect to car with the scanner.

I reverted back to 2.1, but now I am all blue screened. I cannot even poll the licenses. This looks like a driver problem or conflict or ??

ANyone see this ? Help !

Might want to uninstall the drivers and reinstall. Sounds like something got gorped up...
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner in Training
    ok. with MVPI ocnnected. go to device manager. right click on MVPI A. click uninstall. then repeat procedure for MVPI B. then unplug device.

Plug device in. New hardware wizard pops up. Skip contact Microsoft. Select install automatically. It proceeds to do something. Get the "STOP Not a certified driver" warning. Click ok. Then (twice) it says "replace newer version of ftd2xx.dll with older one ?". CLICK NO HERE. CLICK NO BOTH TIMES.

now it works. go figure. now (on that specific USB port), none of my other ftd2x.dll devices work. oh well, the joy of windows. I know have over 14 different ftd2x type of devices, all of which seem to want to use their own version of the driver...