Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My car is too slow

Tuner

My car is too slow

I was hoping a couple of you gurus could look at my bin and some logs and tell me whats wrong. A year & 1/2 after I built this combo and only about 300 miles of driving (it's kinda a trailer queen) I made it back to the track. It ran a best of 12.95 @105, 1.79ft 60's. Actually 2 12.95's and 1 12.96. Deadly consisten, huh?
    Well, thats slow, real slow for this combo. It should be able to pull 12.2-12.5's
    rather easy. It had 5 gallons 91 pump and 5 gallons 110. Slicks worked awesome as evident by the 60's. I wasnt able to get a log since I cant carry the laptop in the car while racing. I didnt remember until the 3rd run that I could use the mpvi and when I went to set it to record, it read busy and I didnt have any cfg loaded in it. So no logs. But here is the latest bin and 2 logs I have from March. Havent changed a thing since then.
    Lemme know what you all think and thanks for ANY input.
    2000 GTP- S2X, diamond forged 9.5:1, balanced, Lucas 42.5#, GenV w/N*, stage 3 heads, custom PCM, ZZP SS IC, TOGS, MPS 3.0, Intensified 3.69's tranny - low 12's!!!!

Tuner
    Anyone looked at these yet?????????????????????h
    2000 GTP- S2X, diamond forged 9.5:1, balanced, Lucas 42.5#, GenV w/N*, stage 3 heads, custom PCM, ZZP SS IC, TOGS, MPS 3.0, Intensified 3.69's tranny - low 12's!!!!

I have, but a lot of things I can't see for some odd reason. Your LTFT and STFT do not register and your TPS seems out of whack. You should post your .cfg file as well so that we can all see everything. I'm wondering why the commanded AFR is all over the place. Are you in PE all the time?
    06 GPGT, HPtuner, K&N CAI, ZZP CC Plog/Pem/Co, 3" DP HF Cat, Corsa Catback, ZZP 3.5 MPS, 180 stat, AL104s

Tuner
    Thanks Stonewall for looking. Yeah the lt and st are working now, i could read them while driving to the track. I will post up the config file when i get home.
    And what do ya mean the tps seems out of whack? Am I in pe mode all the time? That I'm not sure of, check the bin file.

Do you recall if you were getting any wheel slip on those WOT runs? The launch appears to start off good, but then while you're still at 100% throttle, your RPMs & speed begins to drop for a moment, then picks back up for the rest of the run. ???

Also, what's the status of your narrowband O2 sensor? The readings are flat lined in the log (along with LTFT & STFT). Did you replace it with the wideband? This is likely why your commanded AFR is fluctuating at idle/cruise.

Tuner
    Wheel spin??? Uh yeah, tearing the tires off the rims in a second gear pull wheel spin. The nb sensor has been giving me fits for some time, too much additive. It's still in there with the WB downstream about 2 feet.

Well, your narrowband output is flatlined. Might want to check that it's connected and that the wires are not damaged. Or if it's old, pick up a replacement.

Tuner
    heres the cfg

Tuner
    THIS IS A BIG DOH!!! The lt, st and nb are dead in those scans because I'm doing a OL maf tune. DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So, any other thoughts on the scans?????

Tuner
    At 5200 and 5600 you seem to be alomst getting 2* of knock.. I wonder if that will hurt your time?
    2004 GTP: 3.8L SC, XP CAM, 85MM Maf, 105# Springs, 3.3" Pulley, Autolite 103's K&N CAI, 3" Downpipe: TOG Headers, #39 Cobra Injectors, ZZP Crate motor with CNC Ported Heads, NGK AFX Wideband

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GTPNoga
    At 5200 and 5600 you seem to be alomst getting 2* of knock.. I wonder if that will hurt your time?
    Yeah, it will hurt my time a bit, but this should be capable of low 12's and that amount of spark knock will not kill .5 - .7 of et
    It is in need of a good tune BADLY!!!!!!!!!!

your timing table for high octane is everywhere and needs to be worked with also your afr error seems high might have to work with those first

Tuner
    Wheres Russ when ya need him? I'd like you to take a look at my cfg file and see if it's set up right and give me your opinion on what I need to do to this tune.

Thanks - Jody

Get some new scans with the fuel trims enabled. Make sure everything is good for cruise & idle first.

Tuner in Training
    I only see 12-13* of timing at WOT....that seems pretty low
    I see a WB reading of ~12.5...that seems a bit high
    and why does the injector duty drop to 0% before you lift off the gas?

I'm no pro, just pointing out things that look very obvious.

Tuner
    Hello Mr. 00GTP.

I agree with you 100%, you have something in the tune that is causing this.
    I have basically the same mods and as you can see by my sig, my car runs low 12's.

I'll look at it, I'd be willing to make some adjustments and send it to you if your interested.?.?.?

I did learn a few things on my car when I was gung-ho to go fast.
    Can you list your mods again please?
    All mods, SC pulley, of course but fuel rails & FPR? Cam? IC? heads? do you have a balance shaft?... please get into the details about your mods.

Thanks,
    Best 60' = 1.716
    Best ET = 12.186
    Best MPH = 112.98

Tuner
    When your 7% to 15% TPS its mint.
    or when your 4625 to 5500 Hz its mint part throttle but your commanding strange stuff ramdomly, need to clean that up.
    When your in PE mode your commanding 11.7 but getting 12.2
    At 5125 rpms your at 12.5
    At 6482 rpms your at 12.06
    Please use this config file I have, it allowed me to see your wideband.
    You will have to re-shape the dashboard and the histogram is 7 for your afr error, it works perfectly for your MAF tuning,.
    I haven't looked at the tune its self yet but I think I have an idae were the commanded afr is coming from.
    You might need to change your wideband, I don't know what you have, I just love the fact that the HPT software gives you the data.

Later,
    Best 60' = 1.716
    Best ET = 12.186
    Best MPH = 112.98

Tuner
    Your trans stuff is basically untouched.
    Based on your sig, you have a hard input shaft in that intensified trans. That didn't sound right.
    I changed many trans parms that I had when I ran the time in my sig.
    I turned off all the torque management, you didn't get into the trans appearently.
    You have 3:69 gears, I changed the shift points, because you want to go fast right?

Your perf shift stuff will be different. Do you have perf shift?
    if you do not then change the per shift numbers to the normal tables and make a file for the track only.
    I also found boost timers in the spark control.

Try it, have fun.
    Last edited by PDXGTP; 08-13-2008 at 11:37 PM.
    Best 60' = 1.716
    Best ET = 12.186
    Best MPH = 112.98

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by PDXGTP
    Can you list your mods again please?
    All mods, SC pulley, of course but fuel rails & FPR? Cam? IC? heads? do you have a balance shaft?... please get into the details about your mods.

Thanks,
    Thanks so much for your input and consideration. You have a few posts I need to catch up on. First though, the details on the mods:

No balance shaft, Intense single chain
    N* tb with LQ9 maf
    9.5:1 thermal coated diamond pistons
    Stage 3 heads
    Stage 2 cam
    GenV blower
    3.0 pulley (pretty positive or maybe a 2.9)
    42.5# injectors with ZZP rails
    should be in excess of 60 psi, no adjustable FPR
    walbro with rewire kit
    voltage rewire kit
    AEM wb
    TOGS
    open 2.5 GMPP exhaust
    GMPP suspension upgrade
    3.69 w/gen3 LSD in a brand new 03' GM tranny
    with stage3 shift kit, 3500 stall, upgraded clutch material, etc.
    slicks, of course
    ss I/C with front mounted aux. fan

That should about cover it.
    Now onto your other post.............
    Last edited by 00GTP; 08-14-2008 at 03:47 PM.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by PDXGTP
    When your 7% to 15% TPS its mint.
    or when your 4625 to 5500 Hz its mint part throttle but your commanding strange stuff ramdomly, need to clean that up.
    When your in PE mode your commanding 11.7 but getting 12.2
    At 5125 rpms your at 12.5
    At 6482 rpms your at 12.06
    Please use this config file I have, it allowed me to see your wideband.
    You will have to re-shape the dashboard and the histogram is 7 for your afr error, it works perfectly for your MAF tuning,.
    I haven't looked at the tune its self yet but I think I have an idae were the commanded afr is coming from.
    You might need to change your wideband, I don't know what you have, I just love the fact that the HPT software gives you the data.

Later,
    With the config file I have posted above, I can see the wb data. I dont have the laptop here to check, but I would almost guarantee it.
    I will have to wait till I get home to check your config and bin files.
    Thanks again for all your help.
    Do ya maybe want me to get a couple wot runs with your config???
    Last edited by 00GTP; 08-14-2008 at 03:48 PM.