Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My car is too slow

Why are you running 110? Will this setup not run on 91? You are running it leaner at WOT than commanded, might want to get that value closer. How much boost? Remember, running a high octane like that without the proper changes will hurt the car more than it will help. Chances are you timing is way too low to be able to have a good burn with the high octane. Only run what you need.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00
    Why are you running 110? Will this setup not run on 91? You are running it leaner at WOT than commanded, might want to get that value closer. How much boost? Remember, running a high octane like that without the proper changes will hurt the car more than it will help. Chances are you timing is way too low to be able to have a good burn with the high octane. Only run what you need.
    YES, it does run on 91. I simply go 50/50 at the track for just that reason, overall better performance.
    I run about 14 psi. I have adjusted the timing up in the wot range but didn't have the but dyno tell me it felt any better. I agree 100% with what you're saying. The tune sucks, therefore the added timing wont help till it's all worked out. I will try to get some runs tomorrow or Saturday with PDX's config and see what you guys think.
    Thanks for the info by the way.
    2000 GTP- S2X, diamond forged 9.5:1, balanced, Lucas 42.5#, GenV w/N*, stage 3 heads, custom PCM, ZZP SS IC, TOGS, MPS 3.0, Intensified 3.69's tranny - low 12's!!!!

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by PDXGTP
    Your trans stuff is basically untouched.
    Based on your sig, you have a hard input shaft in that intensified trans. That didn't sound right.
    I changed many trans parms that I had when I ran the time in my sig.
    I turned off all the torque management, you didn't get into the trans appearently.
    You have 3:69 gears, I changed the shift points, because you want to go fast right?

Your perf shift stuff will be different. Do you have perf shift?
    if you do not then change the per shift numbers to the normal tables and make a file for the track only.
    I also found boost timers in the spark control.

Try it, have fun.
    I thought I had all torque management and shift properties changed. The 3.69 gears were not changed in the pcm since i have the intense speedo spoof.
    Yes I have perf shift. I'll compare this file with my current bin and let ya know what happens.
    2000 GTP- S2X, diamond forged 9.5:1, balanced, Lucas 42.5#, GenV w/N*, stage 3 heads, custom PCM, ZZP SS IC, TOGS, MPS 3.0, Intensified 3.69's tranny - low 12's!!!!

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 00GTP
    Thanks so much for your input and consideration. You have a few posts I need to catch up on. First though, the details on the mods:

No balance shaft, Intense single chain
    N* tb with LQ9 maf
    9.5:1 thermal coated diamond pistons
    Stage 3 heads
    Stage 2 cam
    GenV blower
    3.0 pulley (pretty positive or maybe a 2.9)
    42.5# injectors with ZZP rails
    should be in excess of 60 psi, no adjustable FPR
    walbro with rewire kit
    voltage rewire kit
    AEM wb
    TOGS
    open 2.5 GMPP exhaust
    GMPP suspension upgrade
    3.69 w/gen3 LSD in a brand new 03' GM tranny
    with stage3 shift kit, 3500 stall, upgraded clutch material, etc.
    slicks, of course
    ss I/C with front mounted aux. fan

That should about cover it.
    Now onto your other post.............

man i have 3.29's and stock heads, and ran consistant 12.1's last year. def. need to get the timing back up where it needs to be. also, ditch that ssic. they work in VERY short bursts, but by the end of the 1/4 mile, its already totally heatsoaked, and doesnt do much. i had one a few years ago, and trust me, 25whp gain just from that switch is worth the cash...
    XP|I/C'd GEN V|ZZP TRANS|

11's or BUST

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by willy
    man i have 3.29's and stock heads, and ran consistant 12.1's last year. def. need to get the timing back up where it needs to be. also, ditch that ssic. they work in VERY short bursts, but by the end of the 1/4 mile, its already totally heatsoaked, and doesnt do much. i had one a few years ago, and trust me, 25whp gain just from that switch is worth the cash...
    Wow, 12.1's on stock heads. Nice
    Anyone else feel the same about the ssic? I thought the little dude was working pretty good keeping my kr down.
    Take a look at my tune, compare it to yours and lemme know what ya think.
    Thanks Willy.

Tuner
    Wow..
    you have some serious mods there Mr. I figure your at the 12.0 bracket right now.
    What is going on with your tune right now?, did you get some stuff ironed out?

Those pistons are heavy, thougt you should know that. IMHO they can cost you in the 1/4 mile.

Keep us posted, sorry about the punn.
    Best 60' = 1.716
    Best ET = 12.186
    Best MPH = 112.98

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by PDXGTP
    Wow..
    you have some serious mods there Mr. I figure your at the 12.0 bracket right now.
    What is going on with your tune right now?, did you get some stuff ironed out?

Those pistons are heavy, thougt you should know that. IMHO they can cost you in the 1/4 mile.

Keep us posted, sorry about the punn.
    No PDX, I havent had the chance to do a thing. I really thought 12.5's to begin with and tune from there. Man was I way off.
    I gotta tell ya, the tune does not feel that far off. But obviously it is according to my mods. So wish me luck. I just dont know when I can get around to taking a day to inspect the tune. You know there are plenty of cars running .6 to .8 faster than me with alot less mods.