Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2007 TBSS tune.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by vetteman9368 View Post
    wish this tune would work with my Kooks longtubes
    In your case you would only have to reduce knock sensor sensitivity a little. That's the bad part about long tubes, they make a lot of noise the PCM thinks is spark knock. The bad side is doing that makes it easy to be over aggressive on timing which usually ends up damaging pistons from detonation (damn, why did GM not use forged pistons?). Might want to take that in consideration and reduce the tables a little in the timing cells you hit at WOT.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikyo View Post
    BBA did you get a chance to take look at the tune? Theta did you get everything worked out on it? I would love to take a look at it because I should have my HP tuner for my 08 any day now.

I haven't yet, been too busy with kid stuff, work, etc...

Tuner in Training
    I will continue to watch and see if you make any changes.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks BBA, I uploaded your tune today. I am totally new to this, so I hope I did it right.

As of now all I have for mods in your tune and a catback exhaust. Tomorrow I should be installing the CAI, and in two weeks the E-fans.

Here is my first dumb question: Where does it show your current map you are running/

Potential Tuner
    So I tried the BBA tune on 91 octane. As predicted I definitely see some KR. However, I am new to this and have not been able to reduce spark enough to make the KR go away. Anybody have any ideas? I would greatly appreciate your help.
    Last edited by lm7; 11-26-2008 at 02:54 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BBA View Post
    I think I may have found a fix for high rev issue. I set the WOT to shift at 6200 RPM (factory tune is 6400 RPM shift) and sometimes it still hits well above that if you go from part throttle to WOT kickdown. WOT runs from start shift at 6200 RPM though.

I read a post that the gen 3 PCM's do this as well and someone said they cured it by setting the part throttle shift MPH values to the same as the WOT shift MPH values at the 100% or near 100% throttle ranges.

I will be playing with mine this weekend to see if it makes a difference.

BTW: This tune makes a night and day difference in 2007 AWD (which I have). The good thing is it won't break your trans on too hard of a WOT shift like many tunes.
    BBA,

I went thru and changed the shift points to 6200 under the normal table.

I saw that under the performance table the rpm's were 8191 for the 1>2, 8191 for the 2>3, and 8160 for 3>4.

I saw that under the hot table the rpm's were 5900 for 1>2, 5900 for 2>3, and 8160 for the 3>4.

is this right?

what's the difference between normal and performance and hot?

the performance table is for the tow/haul button so it doesnt apply to the tbss guys,since we dont have one.
    i just checked my tables and there the same execpt normal(6400).the 8160 is set like that to prevent it from shifting into 4th at WOT.if it did shift into 4th at WOT on a stock converter it will destroy it soon enough.
    07 tbss awd-pcmforless tune-ieatsrt8-corsa-billet catch can-PB udp-efan-3in y pipe-dashawk
    07 ccsb z71-my tune-airaid-gibson-servos-asp-s2 tb-billet catch can-aeroforce's

Potential Tuner
    that works for me. i was just curious

thanks!

hey hey, whats going on in here. should I post my SD tune?
    2012 Panamera Turbo
    2010 Cayenne GTS
    1991 Suburban 2500 - 565EFI, 6L90, NP205, 4 link/coilovers on 37s.

Senior Tuner
    Yes you should post your SD tune. The more the merrier.

Yes you should post your SD tune. The more the merrier.
    Soon. Waiting for the hot weather to return here to do some more logging/tuning before I let it go. I don't think I have ran the truck any distance without tweaking it yet.
    2012 Panamera Turbo
    2010 Cayenne GTS
    1991 Suburban 2500 - 565EFI, 6L90, NP205, 4 link/coilovers on 37s.

BBA: Your tune was very good. I tried it versus my 07 TBSS dyno tuned and the difference was very minimal with only a couple small tweaks to fine tune my air/fuel (every truck is slightly different, so its about as close as you could expect with your tune).

Attached my dyno tuned final file in my 07 TBSS:

File is dynotune-3

2nd is one im trying for a 232/236 i just put in the truck and im having startup/flare/dying issues with that I PM'ed you about.

and 3rd file is log with the camshaft installed. (ignore hi ECT, was on test drive with electric fan setup, started to get warm because they didnt kick on).
    ~01 Duramax 4x4 2500hd- 490rwhp - Kinda Fast
    ~00 Silver SS - 55k miles, 5xx rwhp, Fast
    ~00 Silver WS6 - 32k miles, 6xx rwhp, Faster
    ~89 NotchBack - LSx - S400, xxx rwhp, Fast'ish
    ~90 Mustang LX - 403" LSx S-91, 1,xxx rwhp, Fastest

Potential Tuner
    How can I copy this tune to my tuner ? First time i do this i don't really know what to copy

Potential Tuner
    Hey BBA did you still have that tune for the TBSS ? I have a 06 AWD and I am looking for something a bit more I have longtubes high flow cats and slp cat back

Steve

Tuner
    here is one of his tunes I used at one time. works pretty good.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2000 silverado rcsb lq4/4l80e. Custom s480 turbo setup. 93oct meth injected. SD Tuned by me.

2007 tbss ls2/4l80e. Nitrous!!! MAF Only Tuned by me.

Potential Tuner
    What mods are his tunes good for? Will it work with the 2006?

Tuner
    Alot of guys run them if yours is a 2006 i wanna say your ve is different. But u mainly would use his timing tables and what not anyways. He had catback and cai with this one.
    2000 silverado rcsb lq4/4l80e. Custom s480 turbo setup. 93oct meth injected. SD Tuned by me.

Potential Tuner
    OK sorry new to the game of tuning what is the ve ?

Tuner
    google how to tune. a lot of info u need to read up on.

Potential Tuner
    I have a pretty good tune for the 2007 TBSS (actually, it's better than any mail order tunes from the feedback I have gotten.)

Feel free to use it, the shifts are near perfect at almost any speed (although there is still room for improvement) and engine response is absolutely great. If you have any cam/exhaust/head work that you have done MAF tuning for already, just modify to use your existing MAF and VE coeficient parameters. The MAF/PE values in my tune here are stock.

This tune pretty much works as is for CAI and cat back as well.