Thread: AC Operation with a Single Fan

Potential Tuner

AC Operation with a Single Fan

I have a quick question about fan control on my project. I have a Taurus fan in my 2002 f-body LS1 swapped RX7 that I am currently only running on low speed since high speed hasn't been needed and I'm trying to limit the amount of wiring and relays all over the place.

I am about to plumb and finish wiring my AC and I have a question about fan control. As I understand it, the stock f-body PCM turns the high speed fan on whenever it receives an AC request signal. If this is correct is there a way to configure the PCM so that it turns on the low-speed fan instead of the high-speed one whenever it receives an AC request signal? Any help you guys can offer would be great. I barely get to drive it since cars with no AC in the middle of Texas summers are basically worthless

Potential Tuner
    Bumpety, anyone have any idea?

The Camaro cooling fans run in series for low speed & parallel for high speed. The PCM commands low speed fans once the A/C pressure exceeds 190 psi, and will command high speed fans above 275 psi. Just use fan relays 1 & 2 to apply 12V to the Taurus cooling fan for high & low speed operation.

Russ Kemp

Potential Tuner
    Thank you very much Russ. That was exactly the information I was looking for.

Tuner in Training
    i live in ny, but i'm in memphis right now

04 gmc fans

I've got an 04 gmc 3500, that i put electric fans on, and i was wondering if there is an output from the pcm that controls the fans, even though it came with a fan on the pullys?