Thread: pcm tuning

Potential Tuner

pcm tuning

i am newb and i need to know how to read the kr configuations on my scanner. if anyone has any ideas please reply

first of all read this, all of it, especially the part about the scanner, very clear good info.
    http://www.hptuners.com/help/
    Basically, you need to connect your scanner to your vehicle so it can get the supported parameters from it, they will show up as red in your insert PIDs list. Now open up your table, this is a list of what the scanner will be scaning. As you will see it is defalt set up for the v-8 engines, you may see some of them say "unsupported parameter" just right click and delete all those. Now make sure knock retard is on this table, if it isn't add it by right-clicking a blank spot, insert, engine, retard, knock retard. also make sure your loging engine speed and manifold pressure. Now open your histograms, pick one of the twelve histograms, doesn't matter which, and click the configure histogram button, its next to the twelve. Now give it a name, change the sensor to timing retard, make sure the units are in degrees, and change the table to one of the main spark vs map vs RPM tabes. now go do some logging
    1996 Grand Am GT 2.4l Twin Cam

Cobalt ahh!!!

Here's a scan for this newbs cobalt lol, i'm his older brother, while am very familiar with hptuners i am so lost with this thing. I tune grand prix's and pretty much all 3800's all day long with no problems but this car.... uhh.. So its lean at wot, about 12.2-12.6 on the wide band, and i just can't get it to richen up! I added to the maf, i tried adding pe mode... what now? I have a scan here of tonight's attempt at trying to add fuel. This is going to all kinds of whacky the file zzp sent us is whack. I had to make so many changes to even get it this close, you should have seen it before! They aren't very helpful to say the least. Can anyone help point me in the correct direction?