Thread: cant connect to cable after PC reformat.

cant connect to cable after PC reformat.

Hello All,

so i got a nasty virus on my laptop, i have sience reformatted it and I'm trying to return it back to "normal"

I've installed the newest version of HPT, made sure my ".net" framework is the newest version (3.5) as well, yet i get the same message.

any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks guys.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Ensure that your drivers are installed & installed properly by connecting your interface & following along here http://www.thetuningdoctor.com/HPTun...icemanager.swf to make sure MPVI A & B are installed & there is no ! beside them which means they aren't installed properly.

If you believe they are in fact installed properly please post a screenshot of said device manager screen for review.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    I am having a very similar problem. I also had a virus and had to reboot windows to resolve it. got that fixed Got all the programs back in, was missing drivers a&b. got those installed. the program recognizes the interface now, but, now can' find any VCM? What needs to be fixed here?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by edro454ss
    I am having a very similar problem. I also had a virus and had to reboot windows to resolve it. got that fixed Got all the programs back in, was missing drivers a&b. got those installed. the program recognizes the interface now, but, now can' find any VCM? What needs to be fixed here?
    Your next step should be to contact support with a vcm suite infolog http://www.hptuners.com/help/index.h...mersupport.htm and a screenshot of your device manager while connected to your interface as well as a screenshot of whatever error it is you are seeing.

Thanks,
    Bill

Potential Tuner
    Thanks Bill, you have already been alot of help. I appreciate it. I'll have to send that to you on Monday, correct?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Today, tomorrow, or Monday, its up to you.

Potential Tuner
    hey Bill, I got it working. I re installed the drivers the way you told me to and we are back up and working again. thank for the help man!

Potential Tuner
    hey bill, how can I get my gauge config like yours with my own background images? that's cool! did you photo shop that or can you load your own images.
    Last edited by edro454ss; 08-02-2008 at 01:24 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    You can load your own images right into the gauge display

So basically once you prep your background just throw it into the gauge display