Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Known LNF 2.0T issues that need to be addressed please post here!

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by shabby
    1) rpm control, still stuck at 6300rpm
    2) boost control
    3) eliminate 23psi boost ceiling? ability to stretch the tables to accept a 3 bar sensor maybe?
    4) wideband/direct injection fuel pressure pid
    5) cat over temp control
    6) cooling fan control
    7) 50+ ve tables other cars have
    Adding to Shabby's list.. to help with the SCCA Time Attack drivers

..in order of importance

8) Cam timing control (ability to build compression at low rpm for quicker spool of larger turbos)
    9) Gear dependant boost profiles
    10) Gear dependant rev limit profiles
    11) Speed limiter removal
    12) Gear dependant Torque Management profiles (replaces 9 above)
    Last edited by SmokinJoe; 08-04-2008 at 09:40 AM.

Potential Tuner
    This is a nobrainer and probably included (I'm in the process of reading all the HPT material)

13) Knock sensor PID (for both sensors, 1&2 and 3&4)
    Joe / 08 Cobalt SS/TC
    2006 SCCA SE Time Trials Champion
    www.joe-racer.com

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Bill/Chris any clue why baldturbofreak was still limited to 6300rpm even after the changes that he made to the rpm limits?
    Its not cutting fuel from what I can see which is typical of a std rev limiter, its probably either an etc limiter(doubtful in my eyes) or a boost limiter of some sort, then again I'm not the one that works with the code so I could be completely wrong.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Got the message from Bill re: this thread. I assume there is no beta software out as of yet, and we're just talking about things that should be in the software at this point? Not sure if there is something to test yet or not.

Thanks,
    Mike

Advanced Tuner
    Honeoye,Ny. Boondox son. Shoot guns out my back door. noone cares.
    Bill, it's definitly ETC based. I'll send you a copy of my config and you'l see it plain as day. It simply shuts the throttle, no spark or fuel cut involved.
    Use this config to view the 240kpa run. I kept my foot in it long after it shut down.
    It also has the data for the Mapdaddy (4bar) hooked to the beginning of the compressor scroll. Weird that at high flows it shows less boost than manifold pressure. Prolly since it hasnt been thru the exducer cone yet and fully compressed.
    Last edited by Baldturbofreak.com; 08-04-2008 at 11:44 AM.
    Me love boost long time.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldturbofreak.com
    Bill, it's definitly ETC based. I'll send you a copy of my config and you'l see it plain as day. It simply shuts the throttle, no spark or fuel cut involved.
    Use this config to view the 240kpa run. I kept my foot in it long after it shut down.
    It also has the data for the Mapdaddy (4bar) hooked to the beginning of the compressor scroll. Weird that at high flows it shows less boost than manifold pressure. Prolly since it hasnt been thru the exducer cone yet and fully compressed.
    I see it CHANGES ETC to control things however that doesn't always mean its an ETC based cut, it might be a boost cut that uses the ETC to control it. Similar to how LS1's throw you into REP mode when you hit a certain limit and uses other things to control it, it doesn't mean you hit a rev or ETC limiter but it means you hit some sort of a wall and we will find a way to bring you back under that limit.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    I see. I was assuming the effect was the cause. It's defintily changeing ETC in response to too much airflow. You see it right after it wheel's up and hits torque peak the ETC begin's to shut down to 80-odd% to reduce torque.
    Me love boost long time.

Well I thought I would past this part again as I thought it explained what is going on with the ECU.

Advanced Tuner
    Dont worry justmike, they already got the whole thing

what cam control do you need that isn't already there? There are already many tables.

it looks like the whole thing is controlled via the torque model. It converts the desired torque into a desired air/fuel/spark. On the air side it calculates a desired airmass that is then used to control the throttle and the boost (the desired airmass is translated into a desired boost and controlled using a normal PID controller).

The issue seems to be mostly about making the PCM request a higher airmass so that everything else increases. Then just make sure there are no upper limits that get in the way.

Also, it seems the MAP values used internally in the code are limited to 256 kPa and this will not be changed easily. Not sure how we can get above that at this stage.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    here's tonight's asswhoopin' on the solstice. I got it to turn 70xxrpm. then a fuelspike/fuelcut.
    Me love boost long time.

Advanced Tuner
    Total bummer on the KPA limit. I feared that would be the case. Well Im gonna go make it run 27psi and see if it screws ....or tells me to go screw..

We defintly have al the cam goodies we need unless there are some that pertain to torque management. I just would really really love to see what the phasing is in the log, so a cam PID is pretty much all that is needed on the cam front.

I hope tongiht's log will help out some. I sure enjoyed making it!
    Last edited by Baldturbofreak.com; 08-04-2008 at 08:05 PM.
    Me love boost long time.

Advanced Tuner
    Can you manipulate the desired torque from the start Chris? It would seem like the rest(air/fuel/spark) would sort itself out, or is it more complicated than that?

Nice going btf, but why so rich 11.2 afr?

Advanced Tuner
    1st run of er' Just being safe.
    I just changed the PE table to lean it out some. In addition, I put my old cam timing table in there to help with the lowrpm/high boost surge. & to help carry these smallish bumpsticks out to 7500+.
    You should hear that Gt30 scream! lots of shaft speed...only 10lbs/min left by 20psi?
    Last edited by Baldturbofreak.com; 08-04-2008 at 09:08 PM.
    Me love boost long time.

Advanced Tuner
    Also about the ETC, notice around frame 3020-3030 I shift around .4sec on the 1-2. the etc takes FOREVER to roll the throttle back in.
    Id like to have it stay that way except in competitive mode, I want a dragshift.
    I Ain' skuuurd of breakin the rear....lol
    Last edited by Baldturbofreak.com; 08-04-2008 at 09:32 PM.
    Me love boost long time.

Advanced Tuner
    Ya it takes over a full second to go back upto 100%, never been a fan of drive by wire.
    Speaking of which... never buy a nissan. Eco-pedal that pushes back

Potential Tuner
    I didnt think the Eco-pedal was in production yet?!
    Chris, if the cam tables are there, thats all we need to play with the timing for more compression.
    Joe / 08 Cobalt SS/TC
    2006 SCCA SE Time Trials Champion
    www.joe-racer.com

Advanced Tuner
    Ya it takes over a full second to go back upto 100%, never been a fan of drive by wire.
    Speaking of which... never buy a nissan. Eco-pedal that pushes back
    Just like the ASR in my 95 vette
    Me love boost long time.

Advanced Tuner
    Bill, Chris, anyone, What are the cam timing units with respect to? Is it the opening event? the lobe centerline?
    If duration is changed will that have to be redefined to the pcm?
    Me love boost long time.

those who want to test things please post up your OS ID. Right now i am working on 12610055.

i've found a few bugs/issues and adding a couple more params and PIDs to the scanner. Hopefully something to test next week.

The MAF seems to be a freq style MAF on these so that's why there is no MAF PID, i've fixed the axis on that one.

some extra rpm limit params, although nothing that looks like it *should* be causing an issue but you never know. There is one that is used when the trans goes into limp mode (or has an error) which normally shouldn't be used but it is set at 6300rpm so it might be kicking in for some trans related reason.

The airflow code is not so easy and has some fundamental limitations due to the method they use to estimate the backup airflow. They actually use the pressure drop across the throttle body (as an orifice) to estimate the airflow. This is good if the pressure drop is large and a small change in pressure difference meana small change in airflow. However at WOT the pressure drop is firstly very small and also a small change in pressure could mean a very large change in airflow, so they have some workarounds for that in the code. The 256 kpa limit seems to be the major issue here. I'm still working on that, along with the boost code. I am hopefull that once we get the torque based desired airmass limits and code understood that the ETC & boost will follow, then it just remains to check for any overboost limits that would hardlimit although most of you guys are seeing almost the full 255 kpa.
    I count sheep in hex...