Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Known LNF 2.0T issues that need to be addressed please post here!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    Right now i am working on 12610055
    Thats the one, looks like the wheels are in motion
    Btw have you glanced at any 2008 gxp ecm's? Does the code differ in any way compared to the 07's?
    Last edited by shabby; 08-06-2008 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shabby
    Thats the one, looks like the wheels are in motion
    Btw have you glanced at any 2008 gxp ecm's? Does the code differ in any way compared to the 07's?
    If it helps the OS ID for the Solstice GXP 08s is 12619549

Attached the Stock Tune from an 08
    Last edited by justmike; 08-07-2008 at 05:48 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Honeoye,Ny. Boondox son. Shoot guns out my back door. noone cares.

The airflow code is not so easy and has some fundamental limitations due to the method they use to estimate the backup airflow. They actually use the pressure drop across the throttle body (as an orifice) to estimate the airflow. This is good if the pressure drop is large and a small change in pressure difference meana small change in airflow. However at WOT the pressure drop is firstly very small and also a small change in pressure could mean a very large change in airflow, so they have some workarounds for that in the code. The 256 kpa limit seems to be the major issue here. I'm still working on that, along with the boost code. I am hopefull that once we get the torque based desired airmass limits and code understood that the ETC & boost will follow, then it just remains to check for any overboost limits that would hardlimit although most of you guys are seeing almost the full 255 kpa.

Hmm I wonder if thats why there is always such discrepency in MAF vs VE lbs/min when the GT30 is putting the hammer down ? I can make changes in cam timing that reflect differences in the Delta and absolute loading.
    Me love boost long time.

those who want to test things please post up your OS ID. Right now i am working on 12610055.

i've found a few bugs/issues and adding a couple more params and PIDs to the scanner. Hopefully something to test next week.

The MAF seems to be a freq style MAF on these so that's why there is no MAF PID, i've fixed the axis on that one.

some extra rpm limit params, although nothing that looks like it *should* be causing an issue but you never know. There is one that is used when the trans goes into limp mode (or has an error) which normally shouldn't be used but it is set at 6300rpm so it might be kicking in for some trans related reason.

The airflow code is not so easy and has some fundamental limitations due to the method they use to estimate the backup airflow. They actually use the pressure drop across the throttle body (as an orifice) to estimate the airflow. This is good if the pressure drop is large and a small change in pressure difference meana small change in airflow. However at WOT the pressure drop is firstly very small and also a small change in pressure could mean a very large change in airflow, so they have some workarounds for that in the code. The 256 kpa limit seems to be the major issue here. I'm still working on that, along with the boost code. I am hopefull that once we get the torque based desired airmass limits and code understood that the ETC & boost will follow, then it just remains to check for any overboost limits that would hardlimit although most of you guys are seeing almost the full 255 kpa.
    PCM 12625310, TCM 24243902 here.
    Aaron

'03 Z06 Corvette - The Normal Stuff.....
    EFI-101, EFI Advanced, EFILive-101, Variable Camshaft Tuning
    EFI University Evangelist

ok guys i've added some new params for all the E77 OS's and fixed a few bugs:

1. Fixed MAF table axis for frequency instead of voltage
    2. added new RPM limiter params, likely cadidate is the "RPM Limit Transient" value or the Trans Limp table (maybe)
    3. added some new max torque tables and fixed up the gear based limit table (the axes were backwards, although it would still function if you set everything to 100 it just didn't look right).
    4. added the desired air load table. This table is what the ECM uses to translate the final desired torque (after limiting) to a desired air load, this value then gets used by the ETC code to control the throttle such that the desired air load = the measured air load (ie. measured by the MAF). In theory this should control the boost as well, but i'm not quite done with that part yet.
    5. optimum engine torque, this is the inverse of the air load table, it takes the airload and RPM and calculates the base engine torque.
    6. lambda efficiency, this table modifies the base torque based on the current lambda
    7. max air load torque, this table is used by the ECM to calculate the maximum desired airload allowed. The torque value here is fed into the desired airload table and the resulting air load lookup is used as a maximum that the regular (pedal torque based) air load cannot exceed. Try increasing this by say 10 or 20% if you increase the desired air load table in a certain area.

after reading some of the requests here i just want to clarify:
    - cam stuff is already there, not sure what extra is needed if anything. Will look into the overlap definition and if anything needs changing if you actually change the cams.
    - COT is already there, the fuel richen and also the torque limits
    - gear based torque limits are already there (although the table was incorrectly formatted, it still worked)

Ok so for the other stuff:
    - i am working thru the PIDs
    - Fuel Pressure (SAE) should work (not sure if this is the DI pump pressure or the tank pump pressure)
    - IAT2 should work, it is defined
    - MAF voltage, not needed, use MAF freq.
    - Cam PIDs, working on it
    - FAN control, not sure if the ECM actually controls the fans, the code seems to have gone missing compared to the earlier E55 ECM's.

Finally, who is getting codes? Maybe no one, yet, but please let me know if anyone gets code they cannot get rid of, especially airflow related or boost related etc.

Bill or I will post when the beta is ready.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    Maybe it has a seperate fan control box??

THe only code I get is some o2 pumping circuit violation when it its WAAAY on AFR.

IAT2 has always worked, its the factory WB we've been missin'.

Hopefully something in the code will indicate what the cam timing is WRT (with respect to) Im guessing from the units that is WRT TDC and the opening/closing event.

Super Duper Chris, sounds like it wont be long until Bob's our Uncle..

The LNF crew will make Hp/in^3 heros outta you guys! we promise..
    Me love boost long time.

Potential Tuner
    here is an 08 HHR SS 5spd
    Attachment 13600

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldturbofreak.com
    Maybe it has a seperate fan control box??

THe only code I get is some o2 pumping circuit violation when it its WAAAY on AFR.

IAT2 has always worked, its the factory WB we've been missin'.

Hopefully something in the code will indicate what the cam timing is WRT (with respect to) Im guessing from the units that is WRT TDC and the opening/closing event.

Super Duper Chris, sounds like it wont be long until Bob's our Uncle..

The LNF crew will make Hp/in^3 heros outta you guys! we promise..
    I like the cobalt SS/SC guys that don't think they have anything to worry about with the SS/TC's hehe

hopefully it won't be more than a few tweaks of the pcm before guys are hitting 400rwtq if it all works out

Not to mention them not needing to purchase a wideband=saving money on top of things

It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Bill / Chris - I couldnt be happier. Thanks for getting this bumped to priority 1.

Well done.
    Joe / 08 Cobalt SS/TC
    2006 SCCA SE Time Trials Champion
    www.joe-racer.com

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    I like the cobalt SS/SC guys that don't think they have anything to worry about with the SS/TC's hehe

hopefully it won't be more than a few tweaks of the pcm before guys are hitting 400rwtq if it all works out

Not to mention them not needing to purchase a wideband=saving money on top of things

hehe or anyone that tangles with a GT35R packin' kappa ya better be carryin' quite the big stick yourself...
    Me love boost long time.

Tuner in Training
    Good job guys, lets not forget the Factory WB feedback.

i'm working on the WB PID as well, forgot to mention it above.
    I count sheep in hex...

can't wait!!!!!

Advanced Tuner
    - COT is already there, the fuel richen and also the torque limits
    Can we get at least adjust the temp at which cot kicks in? You do a two pulls on the highway and its already kicking in.

i'm working on the WB PID as well, forgot to mention it above.

anyone notice how this thread is a much happier place than the old gxp one?
    2007 solstice gxp:gmpp; turbo upgrade, cai, PAW; intercooler, pipes, z0k; rear sway bar, rear brace. magnaflow, 18x9 ultraleggeras, 275 kumho xs, brake pads, kw v3's w/6k springs, energy suspension bushings, hp tuners, solo high flow cat
    TEAM FAIL RACING

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners

:
    I'm not worried lol.............. for now at least.
    I'm glad to see some progess on this. A few friends are picking up the ss/tc's so I get to play with them soon. Can't wait to dig into one.
    2006 cobalt (no more turbo)
    m62 2.7 pulley, E85, 79lb/hr injectors, 4-2-1 longtube header, airbox mod, stock catback

1998 Trans am 5.3 iron block 317 heads 88mm turbo e85 105lb/hr injectors, twin 255's.... build in progress

2014 wrx mild tune 18psi pump gas

Advanced Tuner
    What kinda R's are you turning with that lsj of yours?
    Me love boost long time.

limiting it at 7k right now til I upgrade the valve train. Was running a 7400 limiter, but with the turbo the car blows through the limiter about an extra 500rpms' since it rev's so much faster. (tire spin is a bitch lol) I hit 8k on the stock valve springs more times than I'd like to remember. so 7k is good for now.
    2006 cobalt (no more turbo)
    m62 2.7 pulley, E85, 79lb/hr injectors, 4-2-1 longtube header, airbox mod, stock catback

1998 Trans am 5.3 iron block 317 heads 88mm turbo e85 105lb/hr injectors, twin 255's.... build in progress

2014 wrx mild tune 18psi pump gas