Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Known LNF 2.0T issues that need to be addressed please post here!

I just got an email from Bill on version 2.22, is this the new version with the new parameters?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by shabby
    Can we get at least adjust the temp at which cot kicks in? You do a two pulls on the highway and its already kicking in.
    Yes. Please! On my 2008, a single run from 0-60 will cause COT to kick in on the very next run. FWIW, I get more boost (17-18 PSI) after COT kicks in than I do before (14-15 PSI). Need some way to control boost to make it consistent with/without COT. So when you guys get to the turbo/boost tables, make sure we can control how COT affects boost.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    7. max air load torque, this table is used by the ECM to calculate the maximum desired airload allowed. The torque value here is fed into the desired airload table and the resulting air load lookup is used as a maximum that the regular (pedal torque based) air load cannot exceed. Try increasing this by say 10 or 20% if you increase the desired air load table in a certain area.
    Where is this table, I can't find it

Quote Originally Posted by DEJON-Dave
    Where is this table, I can't find it
    I just found it

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    4. added the desired air load table. This table is what the ECM uses to translate the final desired torque (after limiting) to a desired air load, this value then gets used by the ETC code to control the throttle such that the desired air load = the measured air load (ie. measured by the MAF). In theory this should control the boost as well, but i'm not quite done with that part yet.
    Has anyone tried adding something like 10% to the higher load values (like increasing the numbers in all columns from 70% to 100% up by about 10%) to see if that results in increased boost? If this table does what the name implies, the ECM should "learn" the boost UP if you do this, similar to how it learns boost DOWN when you do the wastegate mod.

Mike

Tuner in Training
    Yes it does,you can build your own boost map,kinda cool....Just be careful.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SEGA
    Yes it does,you can build your own boost map,kinda cool....Just be careful.
    OMG! Just tried this! After about 20 minutes of fiddling, I had my boost exactly where I wanted it in just one shot, just by doing some simple calculations and adding a percentage to the desired air load and max air load torque tables. I wanted to leave the wastegate mod in place (to get quick spoolups) but increase the boost. Even with the wastegate mod, I was only getting 15-16 PSI of boost sustained. Now, I still get the quick spoolup and my boost pressure is a constant 20-21 PSI, exactly where I wanted it! I did lots of testing and no limp mode or any signs of trouble. And... this thing SCREAMS! Full throttle starts are no longer an option with traction control off. The tires completely go up in smoke until you let off the gas, and that's with an automatic.

I had the BSR tune for a while, but my car is a 2008 and for some unknown reason, I could never get it to work: limp mode galore. This preliminary tune I just did feels as strong as the BSR tune without the limp mode issues! I only have two nit picks that I may work on:

(1) When I first slam the gas down, I get a momentary (maybe 1 second) reading of 25 PSI on the boost gauge. After that, the boost goes down to 20-21 PSI and stays there. My car has always had an initial "spike" like that: even before the tune, with the wastegate mod, I got a spike of 20-21 PSI and then a steady 15-16 PSI, so maybe the spike is normal? Doesn't seem to hurt anything and I feel no associated "surge".

(2) Boost comes on a little quicker with varied pedal pressure. It's kinda hard to modulate. For example, if you very slowly press down on the gas more and more, you'll see boost start to rise with pedal position, 2 PSI, 3 PSI, 5 PSI, and then all of a sudden it jumps to 15+ PSI and stays there. I believe that's because I only changed the 70%, 80%, 90% and 100% columns in the table and the air load called for in those columns requires (more) boost. I don't think it's a problem, because the BSR tune was the same way: boost came on all of a sudden instead of smoothly. I may fool with the tables a little and see if I can smooth it out a bit.

For now, I'm happier than a pig in poo! What are the rules on uploading tunes from this beta? I think my tune could be helpful to others, but I don't want to break the rules if it's a no-no to post beta tunes.

And, I also agree it is wise to be careful and go slowly with increases here! Perhaps even a warning message is called for in the final release so that if you start fooling with those tables, a warning pops up about turbo boost getting out of control and possible damage so much care is needed when fiddling with those tables.

Mike
    Last edited by mikeysolstice; 08-11-2008 at 01:17 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    For now, I'm happier than a pig in poo! What are the rules on uploading tunes from this beta? I think my tune could be helpful to others, but I don't want to break the rules if it's a no-no to post beta tunes.
    As long as its YOUR work & not the work of a professional tuner that may or may not want his/her work public its fine, also its a public version of software not beta so thats a non issue as well.

And, I also agree it is wise to be careful and go slowly with increases here! Perhaps even a warning message is called for in the final release so that if you start fooling with those tables, a warning pops up about turbo boost getting out of control and possible damage so much care is needed when fiddling with those tables.
    This is where the whole "self tuner" thing comes into play & everything you said is true, play it safe & make only small changes. This goes for every calibration, not just a factory turbo charged one. Any change to the pcm can ultimately cause a hard part failure, it just happens that FI or nitrous exaspirate things.

I will say we are very pleased that most are seeing great results!
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

I am working on my tables and have found great gains from increased boost but I will verify how everything else looks while on the dyno. have done some pulls/logs on the street with no signs of problems but I have already added more fuel and some timing for a safer a/f. I am running at about 11.1 now where as the stock tune. was high 13's wot. thanks HPT!!! still waiting on the wb pid.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeysolstice
    What are the rules on uploading tunes from this beta? I think my tune could be helpful to others, but I don't want to break the rules if it's a no-no to post beta tunes.
    Bill had some good advice ... but if you did mods to a table then there should be no issues with a screen shot of the table changes that you made. You could show that in comparison to the same table in the stock tune. I would only do this if the table in question is all your work and not that of someone else.

Advanced Tuner
    Is there a definition of what air load actually is? Is it a certain amount of airflow?

just by doing some simple calculations and adding a percentage to the desired air load and max air load torque tables.
    What kind of % increase did you do?
    Last edited by shabby; 08-11-2008 at 04:20 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by shabby
    Is there a definition of what air load actually is? Is it a certain amount of airflow?

What kind of % increase did you do?
    15% in the 100 column, 10% in the 90 column, and 5% in the 80 column, only from 1500 RPM up. Then I did some vertical smoothing. I also went up 15% on the air load torque table in all cells. I'd also like to know what those numbers represent. I know air load is usually considered the "charge" or "pressure" inside the intake manifold. So can we assume maximum air load is the maximum amount of boost the ECM will allow before going into limp mode? That's the way I read it... although I have no idea what the units are here.

Mike
    Last edited by mikeysolstice; 08-12-2008 at 07:35 AM.

15% in the 100 column, 10% in the 90 column, and 5% in the 80 column, only from 1500 RPM up. Then I did some vertical smoothing. I also went up 15% on the air load torque table in all cells. I'd also like to know what those numbers represent. I know air load is usually considered the "charge" or "pressure" inside the intake manifold. So can we assume maximum air load is the maximum amount of boost the ECM will allow before going into limp mode? That's the way I read it... although I have no idea what the units are here.

Mike
    Can you post a picture of the modified tables? or the tune? Great work!
    Aaron

'03 Z06 Corvette - The Normal Stuff.....
    EFI-101, EFI Advanced, EFILive-101, Variable Camshaft Tuning
    EFI University Evangelist

Advanced Tuner
    Honeoye,Ny. Boondox son. Shoot guns out my back door. noone cares.
    Wow, I just opened up the HHRSS auto and all trans functions are in there. Is that new as well?
    Me love boost long time.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldturbofreak.com
    Wow, I just opened up the HHRSS auto and all trans functions are in there. Is that new as well?
    Not that I'm aware of, might just be using a common TCM with something we already support.

The only two HHR SS/TC files I have look to be manuals.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 405HP_Z06
    PCM 12625310, TCM 24243902 here.

one page back, look at this cal.
    Me love boost long time.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldturbofreak.com
    one page back, look at this cal.
    Yeah, looks like they use a tcm we already supported. Looks similar to some of the 08' truck calibrations I've seen lately.

Advanced Tuner
    It's not there for the GXp's yet, but good news for the FWD crew!

Man I tell ya. 10.5" tire, 3200 stall +GT30R would run bottom 10's on a 1.2 60 ft...
    Me love boost long time.

Tuner in Training
    What seems to be the upper end of boost people are running? With my ~15% increase in the two tables, I've gone from about 16 PSI up to a sustained 20-21 PSI so... while I'm happy with that for now, I know I can go further. Question is, how far should I go? Common sense tells me I could do 23 PSI since that seems to be a popular number for some of the other tunes. Is that the accepted "upper end"?

Mike

Potential Tuner
    any ideas on the wide band PID...just wondering.