Thread: A/C Not working properly...

Tuner in Training

A/C Not working properly...

2006 Trailblazer SS with efans installed. Recently the AC stopped working properly. Basically, I realized the air only works (blows cold) when the truck is first started before reaching normal operating temperature. Once the truck reaches operating temp the AC clutch only engages when the truck is moving and I press the gas. Will not work if revved in park or neutral. I am guessing the AC is disabling itself due to reading too much head pressure. I tried running with the fans on all the time and that helps a but after about 10 min at operating temp the problem resumes. Are there any settings in the AC menu I can adjust etc? Any help would be appreciated thanks guys.
    2006 Trailblazer SS AWD
    All Motor
    12.30 @ 108.73

Senior Tuner
    I'll say it again...unless you wire the second fan pin in the PCM controlling a second fan, the AC will not work right with E-Fans on a TBSS.

The best way to do it is forget the PCM controlling the fan. Use an aftermarket temperature controller and an additional relay to power the fan when the AC compressor clutch has power.