Thread: X Axis recalibration for TPS %

Tuner in Training

X Axis recalibration for TPS %

I see that most of the tables for the Trans upshift speed and down shift speed end at 57% Is it ok the use the axis Xref window to make the 0 to 100% tps? will this affect anything else or are those tables only ment to go to 57%
    Thanks

Tuner in Training
    Anybody??

try it and see... I remember changing a few things around... didn't do any harm

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

% is a poor way to express TPS on a ford, since they rely on counts.
    Justin Starkey
    Ford and GM custom tuning
    Mobile Dynojet 224xLC
    www.VMPTuning.com
    2006 F250 CC 6.0L 14.3@92
    2006 Mustang 4.0L Vortech 15psi 395rwhp wife's car
    2000 Mustang 3.8L TT [email protected] 450rwhp

Tuner in Training
    Understood, so how would this system work? How many counts is 0% and how many counts is 100% TPS?

Thanks

Potential Tuner
    The ford software displays the digital conversion of the 0-5volt scale the tps sensor uses. These units are called A/D counts or analog to digital counts. 1 volt is equal to 205 A/D counts. So your scale is 0 A/D to 1024 A/D. Please note that this is the absolute scale of the tps sensor and that the EEC uses relative tps position for most calculations. Relative tps counts is calculated as actual A/D counts minus closed throttle A/D counts if I recall correctly.

The best way to do things is forget about percent and just log the A/D counts.

yeah this was a topic of great debate when we developed the definitions. In the end more tuners said they wanted % instead of AD counts because they were tired of constantly converting 5V to 1023 counts etc.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    So back to my first post. why does the table on this particular vehicle stop at 57% ? Not to mention that some of the trans shift tables have the same value on the last two lines? I am just curious. I don't like changing values that I am not a 100% percent sure how they affect the outcome

Tuner in Training
    So is TPS true TPS.