Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HPT for SRT-4's yet?

Tuner

HPT for SRT-4's yet?

Just acquired one...saw some old posts on here. Any updates, hate to beat a dead horse, but i want to fck with the car with software I'm familiar with

Nate

This is the best answer I know of.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    we're working on it

development is a slow and tedious process for a new vehicle, in the case of Dodge it is a totally new PCM and calibration strategy also combined with a new comms protocol which we have to incorprate into the code and the cable also required some firmware changes. Along with this we still have existing products that need maintenance and our new engineers are helping a ton in that area as they gain experience.

Unfortunately, we made a lot of commitments to Dodge 2 years ago on the back of a partnership with another company that did not deliver. Only in the last year have we been able to make any headway to dodge development. Our current goal is for the October timeframe, maybe sooner.

You can be sure that when we have anything ready we will make noise about it

Chris...
    Mods:
    ED Super Beast IC
    Maxxfab SEE
    PTP Check Valve
    Mopar STS
    Gerry's Custom door sills & shift knob
    Realtune 60mm TB
    JMB SRI & CC
    AGP Trans & Motor mounts
    DCR Oil modifier

I doubt they're even working on the NSRT4. Its probably going to be for us CSRT4 guys. The neon is no longer.

Quote Originally Posted by lewisb13
    I doubt they're even working on the NSRT4. Its probably going to be for us CSRT4 guys. The neon is no longer.
    Im not sure what the production numbers are on the CSRT4 but Im sure the NSRT4 is well in the lead with 25,000+ . More cars = more HPtuners sales. Who knows maybe they will do both SRT-4s.
    Mods:
    ED Super Beast IC
    Maxxfab SEE
    PTP Check Valve
    Mopar STS
    Gerry's Custom door sills & shift knob
    Realtune 60mm TB
    JMB SRI & CC
    AGP Trans & Motor mounts
    DCR Oil modifier

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I guess it depends on what pcm is shared with what else in all honesty if the caliber & later neon srt4 shared the same pcm & code its possible both would be out around the same time, if they are completely different pcm's its hard to tell.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    I guess it depends on what pcm is shared with what else in all honesty if the caliber & later neon srt4 shared the same pcm & code its possible both would be out around the same time, if they are completely different pcm's its hard to tell.
    Judging from you not knowing the answer to this question I am going to assume this will not be out for at least a year?

Senior Tuner
    Man! You're pretty glib! How about some "half full" action?
    Jaime

the first ECM that will be supported is the NGC3, we will try to support as many vehicles as we can that use this ECM. The first being the Hemi V8's, then whatever 4 cyls use this same ECM.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner
    If I'm not mistaken,

2003 SRT4 Neon NGC 1
    2004 SRT4 Neon NGC 3
    2005 SRT4 Neon NGC 3

Which means you should be able to support 04-05 Neon SRT4's, and for the 03 Neon's you can swap in a 04-05 ecu. I think the only difference is an ambient or battery temp sensor that will need to be disabled if you do that swap.

- Chris

What about the 08 Caliber SRT-4? I cant find the damn ECU # anywhere!

Tuner
    It's GPIB, so I don't think they will be supporting that .

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by hexdummy
    If I'm not mistaken,

2003 SRT4 Neon NGC 1
    2004 SRT4 Neon NGC 3
    2005 SRT4 Neon NGC 3

Which means you should be able to support 04-05 Neon SRT4's, and for the 03 Neon's you can swap in a 04-05 ecu. I think the only difference is an ambient or battery temp sensor that will need to be disabled if you do that swap.

- Chris
    Thanks for the info chris, I personally have very little info on what Dodge pcm's go to what vehicle currently.

I have a ton of GM stuff though
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

GPIB is not a model # for that ECU. Thats a connection type, USB 2.0, GPIB, RSA32, Firewire, ect.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisb13
    GPIB is not a model # for that ECU. Thats a connection type, USB 2.0, GPIB, RSA32, Firewire, ect.
    Yea, you are right, it's GPEC , that's what I was thinking of. GPIB is used to connect the DRB to a PC though

Tuner
    GPEC "Global Powertrain Engine Controller", The global powertrain electronic controller (GPEC) is used on vehicles equipped with the World Engine. These engines are 1.8L, 2.0L, 2.4L I4 engines designed as a joint venture between DaimlerChrylser, Mitsubishi Motors, and Hyundai Motor Company. GPEC's first applications are the 2007 PM (Dodge Caliber) and 2007 MK (Jeep Compass).

The controller say's Siemens VDO on it, and does not look anything like previous DCX pcm's that I'm used to. I have not seen the Mitsubishi Evolution X engine controller, but I know that it uses the same "World Engine" that is being used in the Caliber, so it's possible they use the same type of engine management.

- Chris

Yeah Im still looking for the model number and I cant find it!!

damn I have so many people pestering me for tunes.....
    2006 cobalt (no more turbo)
    m62 2.7 pulley, E85, 79lb/hr injectors, 4-2-1 longtube header, airbox mod, stock catback

1998 Trans am 5.3 iron block 317 heads 88mm turbo e85 105lb/hr injectors, twin 255's.... build in progress

2014 wrx mild tune 18psi pump gas

I couldnt even imagine if they did something for the Caliber SRT-4. There is ZERO tuning available without going to an FIC. Not even one single handheld available. Someone is going to bank when they release this...

Could we please get a timeframe on ANY dodge support? Months? Years? Weeks?

the answer is in post #2 of this thread...
    I count sheep in hex...