Thread: Anyone want some alum 3800 heads for S2/3 engines *not sure where to post this)

Tuner in Training

Anyone want some alum 3800 heads for S2/3 engines *not sure where to post this)

We are looking at possibly having some custom 3800 heads made for both the SC and NA engines, for both S2 and S3 engines. They will be aluminum heads with splayed(canted or off sex axis) valve centerlines. meaning the head will look like a porcupine, or like a BBC or a 3400 alum head if you get the picture. I am looking right now for people that are interested in these performance heads. They will inherently flow more than most extreme ported heads, and will be designed by a very top notch high quality company. If you want to know more, let me know. IF i posted this in the wrong place, also please let me know.

Potential Tuner
    Price would be of the biggest concern, since a majority of the 3800 guys are cheap

Tuner in Training
    price would prob be around 1800 to 2k for the set. thats just as much as the other companies "stage 3" heads...although i never figured out if those were backstage or front stage levels..lol. but these are brand new heads, not some used ported cast iron ones. they would flow better than almost all of the ported 3800 heads out there...unported. Plus they would be alum as well. I have posted on other forums and already have quite a few committed to them, just looking to spread the word. If you know of another place i can go and let them know, let me know.

Would they come with rockers and valves, seeing as it probably won't use stock rocker arms?
    1997 Regal GS. SLP headers, CAI, cat back. S1X cam, 1.6 RR's, 3.5" pulley, ported S/C, LS1 valve springs.

Tuner in Training
    scorpion custom made rocker arms, and manley valves... how does that sound may bump up the price a little but i think it would be worth it

Tuner in Training
    Were these heads ever made?

Dating back 7-8 years I'm going to say likely not.

ZZP makes some but they aren't worth the cost thats for sure.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.