Thread: LMM tuning

Tuner in Training

LMM tuning

Ok diesel guys I need a little help. We're playing with our shop truck and although we have had some success I'm concerned with the hesitations being felt at around 3000 to 3200. The truck holds a steady rail pressure at WOT 26,100psi. According to the input/output shaft configuration I've done the trans is not slipping. The truck isn't coding. However like clock-work around 2800 the truck will almost "nose over" and hesitate. The EGT's are about 1300 at WOT. She went 14.2@ 96mph last night with stock tires, gears, and DPF intact and on.

Any suggestions on where I can start?

Tuner
    It is probly dufuleing before shifts.

Tuner in Training
    Yeah, that's exactly what it feels like, but I haven't been able to determine the what or why it's occurring. I'll keep digging. We are deleting the dpf and adding some tie rod sleeves and heading back to the track on Friday. Hopefully we can figure it out by then.

On a side note, I want to thank you for replying to my original post. I've only posted a couple of times and you were the first person to ever respond. I posted technical questions in the help forum and never received a reply from the administrator. Honestly I'm new with HpTuners and the learning curve is steap enough, then not being able to get answers to easy technical questions was a little disconcerning.

Thanks again!

Tuner in Training
    You can tune this out... but if your tranny is stock it will probably blow up...

The other option is go into the transmission diag menu in HP tuners... there is a section that shows commanded gear RPM for 1-6.... stock it is set at 1800 rpm or something really low... if you change all of those to like 3500rpm you can run the truck in manual mode and that might help you out...
    Last edited by capflya; 07-07-2023 at 04:41 PM.