Thread: 03 Bonne Fan turn on problems

03 Bonne Fan turn on problems

I am in the middle of tuning an 03 Bonneville SSEI and everything is fine except the fan turn on. The car has a 180 stat and making the changes I make on all other pcms isnt working. I ran into this on an 04 Monte Carlo and changing the mph enable and dissable speeds fixed the problem. On this 03 Bonneville it doesnt seem to matter where I set the mph at for enable, they just wont turn on outside of the factory settings no matter when I change the temp to. Anyone run in to this or is there a software problem with this particular year? I talked to a guy that has done numorous tunes on earlier year Bonnevilles and said he hasnt run into this before. Thanks in advance!

Make sure that the Climate Control > CC Override is set to disabled. Leave the fan enable speeds stock.

Russ Kemp

Thanks Russ! I dissabled that and it works fine now. I turned the mph settings back to stock and all is well. I never thought of switching that before as I have never had trouble with it, must just be on the newer cars.

I looked at all of my different tunes and they all had it disabled.
    2010 Camaro SS LS3
    SOLO highflow cats|VMax ported TB|Vararam