Thread: shitty startup

shitty startup

ever since i put on a gen5 my car has a hard time idleing. As soon as it starts i let go of the key and it gets down to like 450-500rpm, sounds like it wants to die. Then it hunts for idle for a minute or so, and eventually it idles just fine. Seems its when it hits closed loop it idles fine.

pulls 17inHg vacuum in gear at idle, 19inHg in park. i do not think its a vacuum leak.

fuel trims arn't really that far off once its running, maybe startup afr...?

car is also running e85, i dont remember having these issues when i had a gen3 blower.

sound like its to rich, or to lean during startup?

edit - i just thought of something, I dont know if it effected it or not. i changed my IFR tables to show my car has approx 50lb injectors, not the 60lb ones it has. this allowed me to lower my maf table so i didn't have the max value of 512g at the 11,100 table anymore.
    Last edited by starks; 08-13-2008 at 04:08 PM.
    2008 G8 GT / TVS1900 /2.9 pulley / LS9 Injectors/ LS9 Cam / Catback / Intake

Get your fuel trims closer to 0, and lower the closed loop enable temp to 32F & halve the closed loop delay table.

Your PE table is very rich, plus the Add vs Rpm table is lowering the PE even more.
    I always zero the Add vs Rpm table, and tune the Maf.

Russ Kemp

PE is rich because im running E85 and it needs to be .7-.75 of stoich approx....vs gas which likes .8 for boosted applications.

is it hunting for idle because its rich do you think?
    2008 G8 GT / TVS1900 /2.9 pulley / LS9 Injectors/ LS9 Cam / Catback / Intake

Advanced Tuner
    Try setting your ifr and maf tables back to the way they were before and see if it still happens. At least it would rule that out.
    2005 Grand Prix GTP
    My CarDomain Page