Thread: OK I just downloaded the 2008 cobalt SS tune...

Tuner

OK I just downloaded the 2008 cobalt SS tune...

OK I just downloaded the 2008 cobalt SS tune...

I want more boost, a better AFR a bit richer for more torque and to get that turbo spooling faster, more timing for more power on boost and off boost.

Where do I start?

I have been tuning the LSJ for over 2 years now converting to the turbo LNF platform. A lot less code but damn ...20 minutes to download

Advanced Tuner
    Honeoye,Ny. Boondox son. Shoot guns out my back door. noone cares.
    Richer is not better with DI. But if you must, go into the PE table.
    The first download takes 20min, but every reflash is 30sec. You want it to take it's time and read it right. It's 3.2mB

Go into the desired airmass table and add 25% to the last coulumn. Then horizontal smooth it.
    Then go into the torque management section and add a bunch to the EGT torque, Max airload torque.

Then, after you worked a smooth boost map into the desired airmass table, start working timing into all 4 tables in the high load areas.
    Me love boost long time.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldturbofreak.com
    Go into the desired airmass table and add 25% to the last coulumn.
    Easy there big fella, you dont want to start off that quickly, we dont all have gt3076r's like you do
    Like mikey suggested before, start off 5% to the 80 column, 10% to the 80 column and finally 15% to the 100 column, it netted him around 21psi.

In the max airload torque table you want to add around 15% throughout like you did in desired airload, also max out the max torque table to 100 everywhere.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by shabby
    Easy there big fella, you dont want to start off that quickly, we dont all have gt3076r's like you do
    Like mikey suggested before, start off 5% to the 80 column, 10% to the 80 column and finally 15% to the 100 column, it netted him around 21psi.

In the max airload torque table you want to add around 15% throughout like you did in desired airload, also max out the max torque table to 100 everywhere.
    You guy's rock!! thank you!!

I will tune her up tomorow and report back

Potential Tuner
    hey denny where did you download your tune? Or do you mean you pulled the tune off the car lol? I have an hhr ss and would like to do a few things too.