Thread: What PCM to get for conversion

What PCM to get for conversion

I have a 1968 chevy C-10 with 6.0 4l80e drive by cable Non electric TB no egr or unnecessary emission sensors just the neccesary....Well I have a wait4me pcm from a 02 express van that I can't connect to because it has no vin # and diff O/S so HPT won't connect and I'm looking to see what year pcm I can just go buy and use for my application so I can tune. I tried an 06 silverado pcm but since it is is drive by wire it didn't work. Would a 02 F-body pcm with 4l80e segment work or a 00 silverado pcm?

Need the Part Number off the PCM to find out what OS's can be installed in it first of all. Then you can just pull an appropriate stock file from the tune repository and do a write entire. Then you should be good to go. However most all of the 6.0L's were DBW not cable throttle. You should be able to turn off the diagnostics for the DBW though.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune
    Need the Part Number off the PCM to find out what OS's can be installed in it first of all. Then you can just pull an appropriate stock file from the tune repository and do a write entire. Then you should be good to go. However most all of the 6.0L's were DBW not cable throttle. You should be able to turn off the diagnostics for the DBW though.
    This is what I have check it out.
    Last edited by EC_Tune; 08-18-2008 at 02:40 AM.

Ok that file is for a 2006 Flex Fuel 5.3L with a 4L60E cal. Definitely won't be too friendly with a DBW throttle and all 06 V8's were DBW.

If you can get a hold of an 02 Fbody PCM I can put the correct trans file in there and you'll just have to tune it based on a 5.7L car engine.

No biggie. Most all of the 6.0L trucks were DBW throttles.
    Always Support Our Troops!