Thread: How does my tune look?

How does my tune look?

What do you guys think about my tune? Im trying to get more out of my setup. Will I be able to go from a 3.6 pulley to a 3.4 or would it be better to just add more timing?
    (1995 L32 Powered Monte Z34) 268whp 320wtq DYNO DYNAMICS!!!
    3.6-3.0 Pullies, SLP headers, 3" exhaust to 2.5 Y with magnaflows res and muffs, cat delete, Fenderwell Intake, 103, Ls1 TB, walbro fuel pump, PLX Wideband, Hp Tuners, Meth injection. XP cam waiting for me to install

i have no experiance with supercharged engines but going from the scan you have a bit of fuel correction that needs to be adressed. I know its not an easy job but i personally would look at small adjustments of the maf to coinside with the STFT readings, should help ease LTFT offsets.
    youve done very well to keep KR down to a minumum.
    PE/AE needs to be looked at cause theres probably a little too much juice going into the engine when you give it stick, as the WB is dipping to 10afr, if you dial it in to around 13afr you should see some responce improvement and could help address some of the lean spike when ya back off the throttle after WOT

after diving into your tune file, notice your running the high and low octane tables differently, now if you only use premium fuel of the same grade all the time what i can suggest is making both tables identicle so theres no chance of lost advanced ignition timing.
    in torque management you may want to disable retard vs torque reduction but i would ask a few other GP owners or any of the hp team on this.
    other than that your prob onto a reasonably good start, just keep plugging away at it champ

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by driftnpow
    after diving into your tune file, notice your running the high and low octane tables differently, now if you only use premium fuel of the same grade all the time what i can suggest is making both tables identicle so theres no chance of lost advanced ignition timing.
    That sounds unnecessarily dangerous. If you use the same fuel all the time and dont have knock, low octane being lower wont be an issue.. If you ever do end up with different fuel of a lower grade, having low octane tables set to the same as high octane might be the safety measure you could have used shut off.
    97 Grand Prix GTP (not going to bother listing mods in detail) 1 messed up 97 PCM with about 30-50% of a 2003 calibration and parts of a few others.

Yeah, well like any "safeguard" change, you have to be cautious... i wouldnt suggest it being a step 1 action but more to be a last step if you chose to do it only when your satisfied in your tune and no knock is detected, but how is it more dangerous than say desensitising your knock sensors, some people do and others dont.
    But look, if you shop round at variety of fuel stations under a variety of brands its not recommended as there can be inconsistancy in fuels, so you are right there!

Off the topic just a bit I can give you another scenario on ign tables, you may be aware of... holden alloytecs use a bosch system and it has 4 ignition tables, theyre not based on predicted fuel octane but on different cam timing phases, excess timing is removed in the spare of the moment from knock retard.
    Happy to hear your view, and yeah its just a suggestion and yeah only use it if your more than confident.

Advanced Tuner
    Seems a waste to me.. No knock, the Low Octane Spark should never be used.. So, disable it for the sake of it never being used except when it is needed? Sounds like you would just be making the tune less dynamic and crippling the PCMs ability to automatically compensate when it needs to.
    Last edited by bilemke; 08-19-2008 at 02:45 PM.
    97 Grand Prix GTP (not going to bother listing mods in detail) 1 messed up 97 PCM with about 30-50% of a 2003 calibration and parts of a few others.

yeah well one to their own on any change like this, its just a suggestion and look there are other safeguards still in the system this ones just an extension of knock retard.
    so back to the original question at hand, what do you recon of the tune listed above?