Thread: Security access denied (98 to 99PCM)

Security access denied (98 to 99PCM)

Hello,
    I am trying to tune a 98 Camaro and cannot get passed the Security access denied screen during a read entire. I have been told that this vehicle has a 1999 pcm (installed at another shop). How do I get passed this? Is it an issue that the VIN does not jive with the PCM? Also in the write entire screen there is no OS # nor a TCM OS#. I have access to a Tech 2 and could do a dealer reflash if that would help but do I reflash to a 99 VIN or his current? Also, If I have another licensed 99 file could I perform a write entire and start from scratch? Thanks in advance!!!

Carl T.
    Last edited by 01 MidMet WS6; 08-17-2008 at 09:53 AM.
    01 WS6-M6, PRC Stage 2.5 5.3's, MS4, Kooks 1 3/4", custom built full true duals w/ X-pipe, SLP lid, tuned via HPTuners

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Sounds like the pcm has been tunerlocked.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Senior Tuner
    Carl, you can't just install a '99 pcm into a '98 F-body. The wiring is completely different. It would have to be repinned, and there is like 1 or 2 sensors that have to be modified/swapped. This is a painstaking process, too. Some have elected to install a '99+ wiring harness. You'll have a leftover plug, and there is a gentleman on LS1Tech that has done several of these swaps, and knows exactly what to do here (you'll have to do a search).
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Update:
    The PCM that was in the car was previously tuned using Tunercat and although it supposedly was not locked there format must not be readable by HPTuners. That being said I installed a PCM from a 2000 Tahoe, disabled VATs and used that instead. Everything went well other than the A.C. no longer works and the Fuel Gauge is inoperative. I heard that there is a segment swap available using express van tables? Anyone know anything about this? Thanks!
    01 WS6-M6, PRC Stage 2.5 5.3's, MS4, Kooks 1 3/4", custom built full true duals w/ X-pipe, SLP lid, tuned via HPTuners