Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Major issues with VCM - Alloytec 2006 Model

Tuner in Training

Major issues with VCM - Alloytec 2006 Model

Hi, Im fairly new to VCM tuning but Im working it all out rather quickly, just having some issues with settings not working:

Vehicle: 2006 Alloytec 175 Manual Holden Ute

It will not change the rev limiter, no matter what, I have changed every value in every place and it will not change the limit above the factory setting of 6100rpm

It will not change the Speedo ratio (Final drive ratio), this vehicle had a diff ratio changed from 2.87 to 3.07 and was one the main reasons why I purchased this software

This is annoying as no matter what parameter I put in, my speedo is always out by 8 to 9 kph

There are plenty of other things it cant do, like throttle responce time and removal of rear O2 sensors, hopfully they add some nice features like this later, but my main issue is the 2 items above, Im thinking it has somthing to do with it being a Euro compliant 06 model

make sure you are running the latest 2.22 release downloaded from your customer login. The RPM limiter was fixed.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    make sure you are running the latest 2.22 release downloaded from your customer login. The RPM limiter was fixed.
    The Version I have is 2.22.3042.17581

I just recieved the package on Monday this week, I will download and test the version from here

Do you have a ETA on the Speedo calibration, im asuming its because I have a 06 model, there more like a VE Commodore, they have a lot more DTC codes as well

please email your .hpt file to support and i'll look into the speedo issue.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    please email your .hpt file to support and i'll look into the speedo issue.

No problem, the rev limit is now hitting 7000rpm, so thats working just fine, I will be road testing with a GPS and will let you know if the speedo is still not calibrating, I will email you my VCM image and I will upload it to the database as well

I noticed a few more things to play with in this newer version

Thnx for the quick response

Tuner in Training
    I coundt email it to you as the forum wont allow it

I uploaded it to the database on the HP website, its Listed as a "2006 - VZ HFV6 Holden Ute"

Could you look at the Speedo issue and maybe check out eliminating the rear o2 sensors as well, this is a comin issue with 06 model Alloytecs, they have 4 o2 sensors that monitor cat flow, when you installed extractors and hi-flow cats it trips a DTC for both left and right banks, I can get the codes and post them here for you to see

Any help would be awsome, ive already learnt so much with this software, its nice to be able to adjust something for a change

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    send it to support at hptuners.com
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Kung-Foo-Kamel
    I coundt email it to you as the forum wont allow it

I uploaded it to the database on the HP website, its Listed as a "2006 - VZ HFV6 Holden Ute"

Could you look at the Speedo issue and maybe check out eliminating the rear o2 sensors as well, this is a comin issue with 06 model Alloytecs, they have 4 o2 sensors that monitor cat flow, when you installed extractors and hi-flow cats it trips a DTC for both left and right banks, I can get the codes and post them here for you to see

Any help would be awsome, ive already learnt so much with this software, its nice to be able to adjust something for a change
    speedo does work, but it only changes the readings on the dash not in the PCM, i have done a few with 3.9's in the rear and was able to get them to with in 1-2km/h

be carefull what you play with in the new release, espically with the torque realted tables,

the rev limiter works fine now but there is still a 212km/h speed limit which now limits me to dyno the manuals in 3rd gear or they hit the limiter..

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by VYSSLS1
    speedo does work, but it only changes the readings on the dash not in the PCM, i have done a few with 3.9's in the rear and was able to get them to with in 1-2km/h

be carefull what you play with in the new release, espically with the torque realted tables,

the rev limiter works fine now but there is still a 212km/h speed limit which now limits me to dyno the manuals in 3rd gear or they hit the limiter..
    doesnt matter what I do its always 8 - 9 ks out, its totally ignoring what I enter in that regard, whats up with the torque settings, I only disabled torque managment, and set everything to 100% havent messed with flow levels yet, dont know enough to play with that, also have you found a way to change the Stoich value or the AFR, as no matter what I do the VCM trys to pull it back to 14.7:1 and would like it closer to 12.5:1, if I lean it off the trims richen up, wich makes it retro active, I cant find a place to command a stoich value

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Why would you want your stoich to be 12.5:1 if you don't mind my asking?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Because Im trying to lean of the fuel, I say 12.5 as its a figure lower than 14.7, Im just experimenting at the moment, Im just trying to alter the afr, but I cant seem to do it as it stays fixed at 14.7, I want to lean her off a little as they are set a little rich from factory but no matter what I do she trims herselt back to standard AFR, once I figure out how to set a leaner afr I will then find a sweat spot and fine tune PE, COT and any other factors, just from everything I do it just tries to compensate and brings the mixture back to standard

Maybe Im going about it all the wrong way, but I know they perform better when you lean out the mixture
    Last edited by Kung-Foo-Kamel; 08-22-2008 at 04:12 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    i dont have VCM on this laptop so i cant tell you exactly what to change, but it definatly works

you dont want your stoich at 12.5:1, change the PE to adjust your WOT mixtures

Power Enrich Lambda is what you need to mod to adjust your WOT fuel.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    Power Enrich Lambda is what you need to mod to adjust your WOT fuel.
    Cool, I will have a play, I was hoping to lean her off on cruise as well, not heaps but enough so I can reduce consumption on long runs, im thinking this is done in the COT section

so I increase lamdba to lean off fuel and decrease to richen

Thnxs for all the input, everyone here has been great so far

during normal driving you won't be able to lean it out as the PCM will be in closed loop and commanding 14.7. Most fuel economy gains will be seen by tuning the spark table.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    during normal driving you won't be able to lean it out as the PCM will be in closed loop and commanding 14.7. Most fuel economy gains will be seen by tuning the spark table.

I thought that was the case, it would be awesome if we could change the "command for 14.7"

It would simplify things, I gather I have forced it to lean via the COT settings but its triming at about -10% now to compensate

Is there any chance we could start a sub forum for alloytecs, it would be nice as these are a different breed to all the others, would be nice to keep all the info relating to them in one place

would be nice for a sub forum for the alloytecs but heres not like on JC forums, threads are fewer and far between so its easier to find on the alloytecs.
    btw check ya pm i sent ya on AFR and lambda equations, should clear the fog a lil
    yeah any suggestions on software development to make it easier for you and for Bill and Chris yeah theres the feature request sub forum, Bills been compiling a list recently and im sure its a sticky, there are a few alloytec requests listed too.

Potential Tuner
    alloytec subforum FTW!!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Kung-Foo-Kamel
    No problem, the rev limit is now hitting 7000rpm, so thats working just fine, I will be road testing with a GPS and will let you know if the speedo is still not calibrating, I will email you my VCM image and I will upload it to the database as well

I noticed a few more things to play with in this newer version

Thnx for the quick response
    How did you solve the RPM Rev limiter issue???

Because i am having exactly similar thing with 06, 07 and 08 Alloytec V6.

I could not remove the RPM Rev limiter or the speed limiter.
    High Way Garage
    Location Saudi Arabia - Jeddah
    Phone : 966 504 655 105
    Custom Tuner:
    GM - Ford - Chrysler - Dodge - Jeep- All Europian Cars + Ducati Bikes
    HP Tuners
    SCT Dealer
    Diablosport Dealer
    Sniper Delta Force Dealer
    Viezu Dealer
    Alien Tech Dealer

Dynojet 224xlc dyno soon
    Custom Tuning via Email Available

Tuner in Training

I am using version 2.22.3043.10734

The RPM limiter and the speed limiter could not be removed.
    High Way Garage
    Location Saudi Arabia - Jeddah
    Phone : 966 504 655 105
    Custom Tuner:
    GM - Ford - Chrysler - Dodge - Jeep- All Europian Cars + Ducati Bikes
    HP Tuners
    SCT Dealer
    Diablosport Dealer
    Sniper Delta Force Dealer
    Viezu Dealer
    Alien Tech Dealer

Dynojet 224xlc dyno soon