Thread: Key Algorithm

Advanced Tuner

Key Algorithm

I'm interested in determining the algorithm for generating the key from the seed bytes for the GM 4 cylinder ECU. I can understand if nobody wants to post the details here, but if you could, please email me, PM, or IM me, my details are below:

Email: [email protected] or [email protected]
    AIM: Zibelthiurdos
    Yahoo: alastor_gp
    MSN: [email protected]

I really need to figure this out, I know somebody knows what it is, and if anybody does, they'll almost certainly be found here. Thank you so very much in advance.

-Ron

2.4L Twin Cam Cavalier Z24 | T3 Super 60 @ 9 PSI | FMIC | TurboXS RFL | Greddy Profec B Spec II | Custom HO Intake Manifold | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | HP Tuners | 5 Speed Swap | Team Green LSD | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch | Fidanza Short Shifter | Prothane Control Arm Bushings | Carbon Fiber Hood

Advanced Tuner

Re: Key Algorithm

Quote Originally Posted by Shifted
    I'm interested in determining the algorithm for generating the key from the seed bytes for the GM 4 cylinder ECU. I can understand if nobody wants to post the details here, but if you could, please email me, PM, or IM me, my details are below:

Email: [email protected] or [email protected]
    AIM: Zibelthiurdos
    Yahoo: alastor_gp
    MSN: [email protected]

I really need to figure this out, I know somebody knows what it is, and if anybody does, they'll almost certainly be found here. Thank you so very much in advance.

-Ron
    Well, after giving this quest up for about a year, I have started playing with the PCM programming hardware I have again.

I have a AVT716. It is a VPW interface that requires a script sent to it to do a download and upload of a BIN. It cant edit the BIN, but getting it in and out would be a great start.

Looks like I need this Algro for the V6 PCM's as well.

Loyde

Advanced Tuner

I have 4 sets of valid seed/key pairs, I just can't get an algorithm out of it. We cracked the 8 cylinder, but the 4 cylinders seem to be a bit more complicated.

2.4L Twin Cam Cavalier Z24 | T3 Super 60 @ 9 PSI | FMIC | TurboXS RFL | Greddy Profec B Spec II | Custom HO Intake Manifold | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | HP Tuners | 5 Speed Swap | Team Green LSD | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch | Fidanza Short Shifter | Prothane Control Arm Bushings | Carbon Fiber Hood

Advanced Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Shifted
    I have 4 sets of valid seed/key pairs, I just can't get an algorithm out of it. We cracked the 8 cylinder, but the 4 cylinders seem to be a bit more complicated.

Send me a PCM and I can give you 256 valid keys. I just cant find info on how the Algro is constructed to even start.

Email me just a piece or the whole thing of the V8 format. Maybe it will give me a clue.

Even with the formula, it has to be sent to the PCM first, then the bootloader.

Loyde