Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1139

Thread: Dodge Progress

Is there any possibility of EVER seeing dodge tuning at this point?

It has been a long time since we have heard anything positive. They are soooo slow. How slow are they? Affordable Health Care site will be perfected before Dodge tuning!

Edit
    Last edited by OldFartC6; 12-08-2013 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Type o
    2006 LS2 Corvette
    Automatic
    2.56 gear
    600 HP Edelbrock E Force Kit
    No other mods

The first post in this thread was August 20th, 2008, over 5 years ago, so if you were a betting man, which way would you bet that it'll be available in the next 12 months?
    Best regards,
    Bill
    Silver 2003 C5 roadster, M6, Euro red/amber tails, Z06 Ti mufflers, Z06 2 cat H-pipe, Z06 airbox, and HPTuners s/w - available to any Corvette or other GM vehicle in Calgary, and also for Ford and Dodge products, including Cummins

I'll say this as nice as possible; I'm beginning to think that any Dodge support form HPT is pretty much never going to happen.
    It's a bit discouraging when in the last 12 months I've watched my other tuning supplier release the same GM gas controller support, plus support 5 diesel controllers across 2 manufactures.
    I get that you can easily get spread too thin with a mountain of work, but 5 years is quite a while to string us all along.
    Tyler

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Still working on them, from my understanding Chris's job is pretty much done for NGC3's, just a matter of finishing up the scanner modifications.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    I assure there is a great passion for Dodge at HPT, and we are working on this daily.
    Quote Originally Posted by omega_5 View Post
    I'll say this as nice as possible; I'm beginning to think that any Dodge support form HPT is pretty much never going to happen.
    It's a bit discouraging when in the last 12 months I've watched my other tuning supplier release the same GM gas controller support, plus support 5 diesel controllers across 2 manufactures.
    I get that you can easily get spread too thin with a mountain of work, but 5 years is quite a while to string us all along.
    Do you people not read? There has been a lot of Dodge content added over the months, as well as a SEMA article indicating developments that are in the woks, and if history is any indicator, pissing and moaning about it will not do much to speed up development. Also, the "other tuning supplier" doesn't have the Ford support along with the GM and diesel support. While Dodge diesel support is a big accomplishment, it delayed their other development efforts causing them to fall behind in the E92 controller support. Everything is a trade-off.

I don't mean to be an ass, but the pissing and moaning is getting old.
    Jaime

Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    Do you people not read? There has been a lot of Dodge content added over the months, as well as a SEMA article indicating developments that are in the woks, and if history is any indicator, pissing and moaning about it will not do much to speed up development. Also, the "other tuning supplier" doesn't have the Ford support along with the GM and diesel support. While Dodge diesel support is a big accomplishment, it delayed their other development efforts causing them to fall behind in the E92 controller support. Everything is a trade-off.

I suspect most of can read. I sure wish I could read somewhere that I could use HPT to tune a Dodge. I'm sick and tired of you people pissing and moaning about us pissing and moaning.

I'm just pulling your chain. Too much time on my hands with all those Dodge tunes stacking up.
    2006 LS2 Corvette
    Automatic
    2.56 gear
    No other mods

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFartC6 View Post
    I suspect most of can read. I sure wish I could read somewhere that I could use HPT to tune a Dodge. I'm sick and tired of you people pissing and moaning about us pissing and moaning.

I'm just pulling your chain. Too much time on my hands with all those Dodge tunes stacking up.
    There are other options. If it is stacking up that bad, do as I do and use something else.
    Jaime

There are other options. If it is stacking up that bad, do as I do and use something else.
    I only had one Dodge to tune about a year ago. The old fellows wife passed away and he lost interest in just about everything. We discovered that all he had to do is add about two gallons of racing fuel to five gallons of gas and that combination squelched all his spark knock. It was a Kenny Bell SC tune. Their tune was actually a bit too aggressive for his Challenger unlike the Edelbrock tune for my Corvette which is too mild IMO.

I think the HPT guys could be a little more proactive in filling us in on their progress.
    2006 LS2 Corvette
    Automatic
    2.56 gear
    No other mods

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Still working on the scanner, we've been working on getting 08 & possibly other Viper support added(we successfully were able to tune one already) by first quarter of next year. At this time thats about the only information I can offer.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

No offense here, but do you not read?
    I just posted that another company has done the same E92 (and other) support, AND managed to release 5 other controller in the same 12 months span... one of which is considered to be a behemoth to deal with. What's the hold up on one controller (NGC3)?
    Almost exactly four years ago, I was the guy making the same speech you are. Sadly, when this thread hit year number five I began to expect nothing more than empty promises, wishful updates, and potential support.
    Tyler

Still working on the scanner, we've been working on getting 08 & possibly other Viper support added(we successfully were able to tune one already) by first quarter of next year. At this time thats about the only information I can offer.
    Wow, this is a positive update. Please keep us posted.

I hooked it up on my friends 2009 Dodge Challenger and it read out some parameters but not nearly all of them. Is the Editor far enough along to download the tune from the ECM or tune any parameter?

Thanks for the update
    2006 LS2 Corvette
    Automatic
    2.56 gear
    No other mods

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFartC6 View Post
    Wow, this is a positive update. Please keep us posted.

I hooked it up on my friends 2009 Dodge Challenger and it read out some parameters but not nearly all of them. Is the Editor far enough along to download the tune from the ECM or tune any parameter?

Thanks for the update
    No, this i why I'm reluctant to post updates because nothing has been significant enough to stir the pot. I will say, the 08 viper uses a completely different pcm than the 09 Challenger so any viper updates do NOT coincided with challengers.

Is the NGC still the initial release? Thanks for the work.

Senior Tuner
    What's the hold up on one controller (NGC3)?
    Look, I'm not trying to split hairs here. The bottom line is business plans change and development assets are sometimes shifted where they are needed. I'm not an advocate for HP by any means, but seems the last couple years were consumed by a major software restructuring that I don't think they fully understood early on. As for the NGC3, while it is only one controller, it services probably 20-30 or more OS's over several years, so there is a fair bit of work adding VIN info, mapping, and scanner PID support for just that one.

It seems that what HP customers get frustrated about more than customers of the "other guys" is the seemingly lack of constant information and updates. Software releases (however small) etc., but that's just the way they are, apparently. It may come across as inactivity, but that may not always be the case.

It just seems to me that in today's internet culture, people are just looking for a reason to complain and it gets tiresome. Sorry.
    Jaime

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    No offense here, but do you not read?
    I just posted that another company has done the same E92 (and other) support, AND managed to release 5 other controller in the same 12 months span... one of which is considered to be a behemoth to deal with. What's the hold up on one controller (NGC3)?
    Almost exactly four years ago, I was the guy making the same speech you are. Sadly, when this thread hit year number five I began to expect nothing more than empty promises, wishful updates, and potential support.
    I believe you have a misconception of what it takes to reverse engineer pcm's, in fact lets look at efilive since you bring them up we had E92 support back in August, they only recently released support(about 1/4 the tables that we've added and in their initial released didn't even have the speed limiter tables) and have no plans to add anything else until 2014, they do not support ford whereas we support 2560kb, 2048kb, 1024kb, 448kb and I believe 2 or 3 other ford pcm's to the 0 they support, we also offer support for the E55, E69, E77 line of bosch pcm's to their 0, bottom line is they went one way we went another but we've still been churning out new pcm support year after year and in the case of GM have always led the way when it comes to development. We've made great strides recently with our ford support and will be adding additional pcm's to that lineup while working in parallel on dodge, if we wanted to release NGC3 editor only we could've done that several years ago but thats not who we are or who we intend to be, I sincerely apologize that it has taken as long as it has and there's really no excuse but we haven't been sitting on our hands for the past 12 months by any means like you make it sound.

Thanks,
    Bill

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    As for the NGC3, while it is only one controller, it services probably 20-30 or more OS's over several years, so there is a fair bit of work adding VIN info, mapping, and scanner PID support for just that one.
    Its actually in the hundreds, I think we already support several dozen and thats just misc mapping over the past several years(and doesn't include any jeep applications) so I'm going to go out on a limb and say theres probably 200+ different NGC3 operating systems out there, possibly more.

hey Bill, any new updates on the JTEC+ pcms from the early 2002 dakotas and rams?
    2002 Dodge Dakota 5.9 R/T reg cab
    Heads/Cam/Stall/Suspension/Tires/170stat
    365rwhp & 365ft-lbs
    1/4 mile: 12.4@110mph

1998 Pontiac TransAm Ws6
    Heads/Cam/Stall/Suspension/Tires/160stat
    422rwhp & 400ft-lbs
    1/4 mile: 11.6@116mph

2006 Chrysler 300c Srt8
    Whipple 6.5psi/HHP Stage 2 Heads-Cam/Borla/88mmTB/180stat
    580rwhp & 490ft-lbs
    never drag raced

2009 Dodge Viper
    Mopar Performance Race Exhaust & PCM

I would think there would be, I believe the Vipers that they are working on are Jtec.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by rdubord View Post
    I would think there would be, I believe the Vipers that they are working on are Jtec.
    The viper pcm we are working on currently is from a 2008, I don't believe we've worked with anyone other than that.

The viper pcm we are working on currently is from a 2008, I don't believe we've worked with anyone other than that.
    Gotcha.