Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Dodge Progress

I made this post in a SRT4 thread but I thought I'd bring it over here so so the v-8 guys would see it as well, because their in the same boat as the SRT4 neons when it comes to the sct/diablo solution:

Look here's the problem right now with the SCT and Diablo....

There's no scanner....

sure you can load in one of their made up tunes, but you can be almost certain it won't be right for your car if your modded at all.

I just tuned an 05 SRT4 using SCT, the car had a stage 2 computer, 65 # injectors, 50 trim turbo(i think, can't recall now) and the tune They sent me to use was ridiculous. the fuel trims were off by 25%, everywhere. and I don't mean I just had to add or subtract 25% from the whole map, it was +25% in some spots and -25% in others, that followed no pattern whatsoever.

The only way I could tune it was by using a snap-on scanner, watching it real time on the dyno in steady state mode and pretty much hitting as many points as i could in the fuel map and writing down how far the trims were off, and then making my chanes. Plus the fact that all your changes are made in the VE map, there's no MAF to tune, so your tuning an entire VE map, that btw is complete crap from dodge to begin with, it looks like the rocky mountains here in colorado, no lie....

This is a real PIA when you don't have a proper scanner that you can go back through and look at hisograms or at least scan back across with a cursor and pick out the points you want to change.

If I were an SRT4 owner, I'd wait for HPtuners, as their scanner is one of the best for the GM's and they are getting there with the Ford's, I am assuming the dodge's will be in the same boat, so your life with be tenfold easier when trying to tune your car.

I would not reccomend the competitors stuff right now unless you have some way of scanning your car.

Quote Originally Posted by turbosocks
    i just came over here from srtconnection.com.

ever since i bought my car i have been looking into affordable, complete tuning.

Diablo is coming out with a predator, but unless the user takes there car to a CMR tuner, they can't do much at all as far as REAL tuning goes.

looks like the VCM suite is the cream of the crop.

as far as i can tell, the entire Scanner/Suite hooks up via OBDII port which would be an AWESOME advantage to other piggybacks and such.

i'm also guessing with this software, that you would be able to clear trouble codes like the over boost code and stuff?

from what i read, sounds like the pro system would be for me. would be nice to have the software able to log/tune with wideband AFRs. also noticed an autotune option when reading through the RTT section.

i cant wait further information on this setup.. sounds weird, but im VERY excited right now..

~650$ for the pro system, sounds like a great deal to me.
    Mr. socks, I'm only a few hours away from you(colorado springs co)and am a HPtuners reseller so let me know if you need any product, when it's available.

not sure who you have in the area for dyno's and tuning, so if I can help keep me in mind.
    Roadracing Crew Chief - World Superbike, British Superbike, Moto America.

Potential Tuner
    thank you fox, i will keep that in mind.. i have a few SRT4 buddies that may also be interested, and one actually has family in colorado springs.

yeah, theres like 3-4 BIG sellers for me on the HPtuners, having the scanner is a great selling point, the 'credit' thing is another good selling point.. and the software, from what i can tell, is AMAZING.

Tuner
    Diablosport has a scanner/logger...

you just have to write all the log processing software yourself !

Quote Originally Posted by Fox95
    I made this post in a SRT4 thread but I thought I'd bring it over here so so the v-8 guys would see it as well, because their in the same boat as the SRT4 neons when it comes to the sct/diablo solution:

Look here's the problem right now with the SCT and Diablo....

There's no scanner....

sure you can load in one of their made up tunes, but you can be almost certain it won't be right for your car if your modded at all.

I just tuned an 05 SRT4 using SCT, the car had a stage 2 computer, 65 # injectors, 50 trim turbo(i think, can't recall now) and the tune They sent me to use was ridiculous. the fuel trims were off by 25%, everywhere. and I don't mean I just had to add or subtract 25% from the whole map, it was +25% in some spots and -25% in others, that followed no pattern whatsoever.

The only way I could tune it was by using a snap-on scanner, watching it real time on the dyno in steady state mode and pretty much hitting as many points as i could in the fuel map and writing down how far the trims were off, and then making my chanes. Plus the fact that all your changes are made in the VE map, there's no MAF to tune, so your tuning an entire VE map, that btw is complete crap from dodge to begin with, it looks like the rocky mountains here in colorado, no lie....

This is a real PIA when you don't have a proper scanner that you can go back through and look at hisograms or at least scan back across with a cursor and pick out the points you want to change.

If I were an SRT4 owner, I'd wait for HPtuners, as their scanner is one of the best for the GM's and they are getting there with the Ford's, I am assuming the dodge's will be in the same boat, so your life with be tenfold easier when trying to tune your car.

I would not reccomend the competitors stuff right now unless you have some way of scanning your car.

What we do in life, Echos in eternity

thank you fox, i will keep that in mind.. i have a few SRT4 buddies that may also be interested, and one actually has family in colorado springs.

yeah, theres like 3-4 BIG sellers for me on the HPtuners, having the scanner is a great selling point, the 'credit' thing is another good selling point.. and the software, from what i can tell, is AMAZING.
    the biggest selling point is 1 interface = 3 manufactures, gm, ford and dodge... just buy the credits... who'd a thunk it ? hptuners = friggin genius's.

Potential Tuner
    yeah, thats also great IMO even though i will be using it for pretty much my car, unless some locals wanna go in on it with me and buy credits for their cars.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    yeah, thats also great IMO even though i will be using it for pretty much my car, unless some locals wanna go in on it with me and buy credits for their cars.
    You'll be suprised

Thats how it started for me many moons ago.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

damn guys, I got people chomping at the bit for this, now also with the new dyno access I have, I'll be tuning these things like crazy (srt-4s) I can't wait til this is ready
    2006 cobalt (no more turbo)
    m62 2.7 pulley, E85, 79lb/hr injectors, 4-2-1 longtube header, airbox mod, stock catback

1998 Trans am 5.3 iron block 317 heads 88mm turbo e85 105lb/hr injectors, twin 255's.... build in progress

2014 wrx mild tune 18psi pump gas

That makes 2 of us. I wish they'd pull the trigger and hire about 15 new people all the same day.

Will this include programming for the SRT-10 someday?
    RHS Block 427, Mast/ PI 275 Heads, A&A YSi SC, 3.125Pulley, 238/254 LSA116+5, Flip Drive, AR 1 7/8 Headers, Corsa Touring Cat Back, RPM Level VII Tranny/ Flexplate/ Drive Plate, PFADT Carbon Fiber Drive Shaft, RPM rebuilt DTE Stage 4 3.42s, Vigilante 3 Disk 2600 converter, Custom Fuel System with Dual A1000 Pumps, ID 1000 injectors, Triple Nozzle Alky Control, 3 Bar SD Tune using 2.5 MAP. 935rwhp 800rwt

Potential Tuner

Any updates??

When this finally ready to go will I be able to purchase the same software for a Dodge truck and say a Chevy Vette?
    Derek Price
    87' GLHS #502
    02' Dakota QC 4.7 HO Cammed
    Thorsby AL

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by glhs502
    When this finally ready to go will I be able to purchase the same software for a Dodge truck and say a Chevy Vette?
    Yes, the hardware & software is identical, just purchase credits for the make of vehicle you want to tune & you're on your way. Just the same as how it is for our GM/Ford product currently, we'll just be adding dodge credits to our lineup as well.

Tuner in Training
    Really looking forward to this as many local people have HP tuners but not CMR tuning capability in Phoenix. Adding a supercharger to my SRT8 and I want to be able to dyno tune effectively and not work with email tunes if possible.

Tuner in Training
    Any idea about how many credits it will take for each year? So to accommodate the 06 SRT8 cars

Senior Tuner
    This is just a guess, but I would think that the credit requirements would follow along with past new rollouts. Similar to the Ford release and most of the new GM VCM releases. I would bet on 4 credits.
    Jaime

I have a customer who has an srt-4 and building a motor for it, should be done in the next month and wants to use HPtuners on it, can you let me know when the beta version is available and I can try it out on her car. She was going to use sct but I'm going to have her wait and try HPtuners.

BTW the SCT is horribly slow at programming the dodge cars, any ideas on how long the HP interface will take to flash the ecm?

It's takes 6 mins with SCT to program the car, plus 7 mins to program the sct xcal unit first....It's freakin ridiculous, it's takes all day to do any real dyno tuning, because 1/3 of your time is spent waiting for it to program either the car or the xcal....

Just one more added benefit of HP tuners....you go straight from your laptop to the car, no waiting to program the handheld, then the car.

Tuner in Training
    Will the dodge's have the live tuning like the GM? I like to save the time of having to upload between pulls and just upload once the tune is good.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtxpert
    Will the dodge's have the live tuning like the GM? I like to save the time of having to upload between pulls and just upload once the tune is good.
    The dodge software will be the same that you use on GM's, however custom operating systems(of any sort) will not be looked into for any dodge applications for a while.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    The dodge software will be the same that you use on GM's, however custom operating systems(of any sort) will not be looked into for any dodge applications for a while.
    OK so this is what I was talking about:
    Real Time Tuning (RTT™)
    Applications: 1999+ Gen3 V8 (Most Operating Systems)

RTT™ is an enhanced operating system that allows real time modification of selected parameters in the PCM's calibration. Parameters are updated via customized OBD2 commands in real time using the existing OBD2 port. No need to remove the PCM or run any separate cabling. The user can select various operation "modes" that defines which tables are enabled for RTT™. The RTT™ system is primarily controlled by VCM Scanner and, when enabled, tables can be modified in real time via the integrated RTT™ user interface. After tuning is complete, the final tune can be written to the PCM and stored permanently using regular editor processes.

HP Tuners RTT™ is an excellent way to tune selected vehicle parameters in real time, without the high cost and inconvenience of dedicated hardware solutions.

Since it's GM specific you're saying that it won't be out for awhile, it'll still be tune, edit, upload wash rinse repeat...

I was at the local Mopar car club tonight, and just about every new challenger owner in the state is a member of as well as a crapload of chargers.

Please tell me the dodge beta could be released soon, and I can get my hands on it. I am having a dyno day for the mopar club in the next 2 weeks and would love to try it out when some of these guys come in.

BTW the new challenger is awesome, I just love that car, we have an 07 mustang gt for our shop car and Im seriously thinking of trading it in on the new dodge.

thanks