Thread: Reducing boost in all gears ?

Tuner

Reducing boost in all gears ?

04 Saturn ION Redline LSJ

Current mods are
    2.9 pulley, 42lb injectors, return fuel system, clutch/flywheel, water/meth injection, intake, ls4 throttle body and spacer, pacesetter header 3" catless downpipe, heat exhanger.

I would like to pulley down to a 2.7 without getting bigger injectors, basicly for the added torque midrange and quicker boost build up.. but limit the amount of air up top to around 16-17psi. I'm not seeing how I can do it

right now I punch the gas, boost jumps to 12psi, then builds up to about 15psi in the upper RPMS. I'd like to build boost faster, but still be safe on the 42lb injectors

I haven't done much tuning on the car since i installed the Throttle body/header last week, (my wide band decided to take a shit on me) but that'll be fixed within the week..

Can any one help me

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    There really isn't a way that I'm aware of with a supercharger such as your's.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    hmm, i thought i read some where that there was. With the boost bypass valve..

The only thing that I can think of is under torque mangement > supercharger > Boost control> Desired Map (S/S)

I dont know exactly what this table does?? so I don't want to change it

Tuner
    Or under boost limits > Max boost (2nd gear).
    The descriptions says Maximum boost % vs RPM when in all gears, expect first.

Does that really reduce all gears or just 2nd gear?

I might have to try that one out today

Yes, the 04 Redline has those 2 unique Desired Map tables to limit the max boost (the 05+ switched to a torque based table system).

The GM Stage kit tunes are set to 210kpa and then the boost is bled off.
    It works pretty good, I have used those tables with my Harrop HTV1320 blower installed.
    my_bd 2004 Saturn Ion Redline - 2.0L Supercharged LSJ (P12) 13.1 @ 110

Tuner
    Hmm both desired boost tables are set to 256kpa, i don't believe I have ever touched them either.

So all I have to do, is install the 2.7 pulley, and adjust these tables to my desired boost in kpa? easy enough lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ryze
    Hmm both desired boost tables are set to 256kpa, i don't believe I have ever touched them either.

So all I have to do, is install the 2.7 pulley, and adjust these tables to my desired boost in kpa? easy enough lol

256kpa is not stock or gm stage kit values.

take them down to 200kpa and then do some logging to see where your pulsewidths and duty cycles are at wot.
    Last edited by my_bd; 08-23-2008 at 09:04 AM.
    my_bd 2004 Saturn Ion Redline - 2.0L Supercharged LSJ (P12) 13.1 @ 110