Thread: Spark Knock WOT Any Ideas?

Spark Knock WOT Any Ideas?

Hi there.. I just replaced my intake manifold with an LS6 and I also replaced both knock sensors. The front one was rusted out. I also noticed quite a bit of oil in the intake assembly. I cleaned everything really well and also added a catch can on the intake assembly to catch any oil. I also replaced the Bosch platinums with NGK TR55s

Right now I am seeing.. depending on the day about 2-4 degrees of knock retard at WOT.. This normally starts happening about 24* on my histogram.

I have made attempts at smoothing the WOT area but so far nothing changes.

Any ideas?
    99' Trans Am LS1. A4 Kevlar, Aluminum driveshaft /loop , Yank 3200, 3.23s, OBX headers, SLP loudmouth 1, Custom Intake, B&M supercooler, LS6 intake, PP/TB, LM1
    99' Honda Superhawk VTR-1000F- Cams, Exhaust, Ign. Advance, K&N, Jets

Did u try to add more fuel in those area in VE table where knock is occuring?? Is it real knock? Does Scanner AFR match ur wideband display reading? Have u tuned VE table?

Fastest A4 Coupe Bolt On's
    11.33 @ 119.84 mph OLSD Tune

Tuning done by www.GearsAreUs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dragman
    Did u try to add more fuel in those area in VE table where knock is occuring?? Is it real knock? Does Scanner AFR match ur wideband display reading? Have u tuned VE table?

No I havent tuned the VE Table. I did originally to get my LTFTs in spec, But was told with my upgrades I shouldn't bother.

Should I increase the fuel delivery for WOT in the VE? Would it matter? I thought total fueling when you go WOT was the MAF responsibility.
    99' Trans Am LS1. A4 Kevlar, Aluminum driveshaft /loop , Yank 3200, 3.23s, OBX headers, SLP loudmouth 1, Custom Intake, B&M supercooler, LS6 intake, PP/TB, LM1

I also think u should log less pids because u only getting 4 - 5 frames per second! Put more fuel in VE and try it. I dont run MAF. I also think u should tune VE-MAF ur car will love u!

Yeah Ill log less pids..
    Ill increase the VE table back to what I was using for OLSD when my MAF took a dump.

And what do you mean tune VE-MAF? Are you saying i should tune both VE and MAF?

Quote Originally Posted by 99Hawkboy

And what do you mean tune VE-MAF? Are you saying i should tune both VE and MAF?
    Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragman
    Yes!

Ill give it a try!