Thread: Tech 2 info

Potential Tuner

Tech 2 info

Hi Guys
    I have a quick question about my Tech 2 and SPS programming system.
    Last year I took a insurance contract for a theft recovery. I had to replace some modules that were missing. Of course the insurance payed for used parts, and of course the Air bag module gave a "VIN fault" code
    I called a well known mobile tech and he uploaded and downloaded to/from his Tech2, what he called an OEM GM "Theft recovery" software. It aligns ALL the VINs in every module, this worked 100%. again this is supposed to be OEM.
    I just recieved my TIS/SPS system and do not see it in there . The guy that did this for me knows I am well equiped and was not willing to give up more info.
    Can somebody explain to me what is needed here or if I have it , where it is ???
    Thanx in advance
    Joe

Tuner in Training
    a year late but none the less. there is no such thing as he said. you would have to go through and individually reprogram the modules. depending on the car you cant do this. some bcms lock out after they have been programmed. on most cars when you replace the sdm (sensing and diagnosing module) for the airbag you can just go into the drop down menu for bcm, you have to relearn the vin in the bcm and sdm. if they have different vins they wont talk. hope this helps

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by fast98
    a year late but none the less. there is no such thing as he said. you would have to go through and individually reprogram the modules. depending on the car you cant do this. some bcms lock out after they have been programmed. on most cars when you replace the sdm (sensing and diagnosing module) for the airbag you can just go into the drop down menu for bcm, you have to relearn the vin in the bcm and sdm. if they have different vins they wont talk. hope this helps
    I have read on another forum that there is a software tool from Vertronix that does recover crash incidents. I think it is call CDR, simular to SPS.

Loyde

EDIT, ok I found this thing http://www.vetronix.com/aftermarket/ it does not do what I had read it does. It is nice however.
    Last edited by FastFieros; 12-18-2005 at 09:10 PM.