Thread: Flat Line IFR

Flat Line IFR

I have read all the posts I can find about tuning the IFR for flat line and sloped systems, and there seems to be alot of different opinions on the correct equation to figure this out.

I have a 04 3400 V6 with a return system running a flat line IFR that has a fuel pressure of about 62PSI in boost and I am running Delphi 42.5lb/hr injectors that are rated at 42.29lb/hr @ 43.5 PSI. What is the proper way of figuring this out?
    2004 Grand Am SC/T- Eaton Magnuson M62 supercharger, 2.6" pulley, EGR delete, Greddy PCV oil catch system, 42.5lb/hr injectors, LS1 MAF, custom CAI, cooling mist meth injection system

What is the fuel pressure when you disconnect the vacuum line from the regulator? Use this number for fuel pressure and plug in these numbers into the injectors.xls spreadsheet. Flatline the IFR at whatever value is at the 0 kPa column.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

OK, so I found out that the system fuel pressure is 58PSI. So going by the graph, I have come up with this:

Injector rated fuel pressure: 44.3 psi
    Fuel rail pressure: 58 psi
    Injector flow rate: 42.5 psi

The result is 6.127334769 g/sec @ 0 kPa

So the way I see it I took 6.127334769 X 60 X 60 = 22060 g/hr = 48.63 lb/hr

Does this look correct?
    2004 Grand Am SC/T- Eaton Magnuson M62 supercharger, 2.6" pulley, EGR delete, Greddy PCV oil catch system, 42.5lb/hr injectors, LS1 MAF, custom CAI, cooling mist meth injection system

Yep.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game