Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: saab 2.8l v-6 turbo support :)

Potential Tuner
    Billlllll!!!!

Potential Tuner
    Hi, i havent used hp tuners at all, Tuned Saabs for many years doh.
    How much can i change with this applycation?
    What exacly do i need for tuning my 9-3 2,8 2006?

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomsan View Post
    Hi, i havent used hp tuners at all, Tuned Saabs for many years doh.
    How much can i change with this applycation?
    What exacly do i need for tuning my 9-3 2,8 2006?
    maf sensor calibration, variable cam positions, injector flow settings, power enrichment rates, ignition tables, torque management, overboost conditions
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by VTuner View Post
    Bill,
    FYI-

I have an update on the overboost problem one of my customers was having. I had him log some data under 2.23beta so I could see the Boost DC%, desired boost, and absolute load (boost PIDs are still not present in 2.22). With this data it was clear that he was exceeding the desired boost by 12-15% for several seconds before triggering the overboost code. So, it appears that there may not be a pressure limit for triggering overboost like I insinuated, but a time factor for a certain percentage over desired boost. I think you can cross this one off your list, but I still need help with the max maf flow of 240g/sec issue resolved.

It looks to me like the overboosting customer is having some issues with his boost control solenoid and/or his wastegate diaphram. The issue appears to go away when it is warm out or after his engine is warm on cold days. From the data, the boost solenoid is trying to open further (Boost DC%) but the boost is not dropping. Once the engine is very warm, the max loads under WOT drop and the overboost condition is not triggered.

Thanks
    I'm sorry to bring up an ancient thread but figured I would have more luck here than making a new one. I have a 2006 Aero (2.8 E55) and I have been "playing with the tune" and can't seem to make any more boost than the factory 5 lbs. (I have boost gauge installed). It's my understanding that I have a TD04HL-17T turbo and I'm wondering if it is just maxed out from the factory? I even went so far as to unhook the wastegate controller and cap it off, I also disconnected the BOV at the same time and it did not make any more boost (disabled codes). Here are my questions, 1 is there a possibility that the bov or wastegate is letting off boost without the controllers? It doesn't sound like it. 2 Is it somehow regulating the boost by way of cam timing? The reason I ask is because I've noticed when it cold it only makes 2lbs of boost (still wastegate+bov unhooked) I also tried all the cam setting from a turbo X and it did not change the boost levels also felt a tad bit less responsive. This response led me to believe that the turbo is maxed out, however I do not believe that it could just hold 5 lbs of boost as there should be some variation of boost levels at different rpm/load so this has me confused. Would you be willing to explain how I can manipulate this tune? It is not nearly as straight forward as tuning GM v8's which is what i commonly do, but this is my daily driver and just want to make it more fun. Currently have "CAI" and high flow "test" down pipe, rear cat is intact. Any help would be much appreciated.