Thread: Disable VIM

Disable VIM

The VIM (Vehicle in Motion) signal that tells the Video display to turn off at 5 mph is a pain in the a**. I would like to display GPS map info but it doesn't do any good if it shuts off at 5mph. If we could disable it or set it to 256 mph, problem solved.
    2013 Jeep Wrangler JK
    3.6 V6
    More MODs than Stock

2018 Ram rebel
    5.7 Hemi V8
    Stock

???
    2013 Jeep Wrangler JK
    3.6 V6
    More MODs than Stock

2018 Ram rebel
    5.7 Hemi V8
    Stock

i don't even know which module it would be. Likely the entertainment system is connected to the CAN bus and pulls the vehicle speed from there. Could be wrong though, a wiring diagram would be the place to start.
    I count sheep in hex...

Check out this thread at G8Board.com. Lots of technical stuff that is way over my head.

http://www.g8board.com/forums/showth...?t=4528&page=3
    2013 Jeep Wrangler JK
    3.6 V6
    More MODs than Stock

2018 Ram rebel
    5.7 Hemi V8
    Stock

Tuner in Training
    any new developements on this?
    09 G8 GT
    05 Silverado
    68 C-10 (05 Avalanche 5.3L)

Tuner in Training
    Guess this hasn't gone anywhere, but I'll bump the request. There are people who offer a module to make the change and it plugs into the OBD-II port...

Tuner in Training
    i would also love to have the feature, way better then paying jhp $300 to get the flash box. it can be turned off in the radio itself. people can send their radio into a guy that can do it also.

here is some more info on it for a pontiac g8

number 6 - low speed gm lan serial data, but that also controls a host of climate control features, along with other things. and there is the security lockout you have to worry about also.

Last edited by Matthewo; 07-20-2010 at 11:29 PM.

Depending on what type of vehicle your trying to do this to, I just had this done to my G8 and love it.
    Grrrr8.net

You have to remove the radio and ship it to him if you don't want to drive to see him, but it's worth it and a lot cheaper than JHP. Plus he put on the HSV logo on the welcome screen for me too.