Thread: Trans won't listen to me.

Trans won't listen to me.

re tuning my car after the new tranny, and i cannot get the damn thing to listen to me. it always shifts at 5600ish and 42 mph, i've set the rpm table to 6000 and the mph to 46mph and it still shifts at 5600(the 2-3 shift is doing the same damn thing but at a different MPH)

car now has 3.29 gears instead of the factory 2.93's so i had a friend of mine with a DHP PowrTuner copy the GT trans files onto my pcm.

any ideas as to why the damn thing won't listen to me?

Tuner in Training
    Are you changing all of the tables? (normal and performance)

just performance, and the performance shift is enabled.

Advanced Tuner
    Maybe performance shift isn't working?
    2005 Grand Prix GTP
    My CarDomain Page

I think you may be right, coppied all the performance tables to the normal tables and now it shifts where i want.

Since the HPTuners doesn't have the Performance Shift on/off option, you may have to have your friend use his DHP to turn on the Performance Shift.
    2010 Camaro SS LS3
    SOLO highflow cats|VMax ported TB|Vararam

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by IndeedSS
    Since the HPTuners doesn't have the Performance Shift on/off option, you may have to have your friend use his DHP to turn on the Performance Shift.
    The 98-2000 GTPs have the switch enabled. 2001 - 2003 have it disabled since they removed it from the shifter.

Like IndeedSS mentioned, someone with a PT can enable the switch for you.

What year PCM do you have? I'm assuming by your screen name a 98? It should be active.

the PCM is the original to the car, it's a 98.

so there is an option in the PCM that enables or disables the Perf. shift ability regardless of the switch on my shift knob? if so when my friend copied the trans file with his DHP if he went with a 01+ that might be why?

Tuner in Training
    Why won't hptuners turn on perf. shift? So I pay $500 for a tuner and I have to use someone elses tuner to turn on something in my computer??? I hope that is not the case.....