Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BB Electronics VIA LDV

Re: BB Electronics VIA LDV

GM uses 1K..

Where is the packet size for the block determined? In the flash code, or the boot loader? Is the boot loader built into the flash?

According to my research the boot loader that accepts the OBD-II commands and initializes the flash programming is built into the flash file / OS which determines the packet size.. *I think*.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

damn... now if my HS-3000 book would ever show up I could start messin more w/my LDV cable (I've had the LDV cable for a few months now, haven't had time to start messing with it... the HS 3000 book has been on backorder at amazon for about 4 months now )

This cable will do block write/reads. I have a proof of concept program running, etc. Ironically the cable returns some error messages, haha, but it goes through.

OF course it doesn't have a big enough buffer to support the data transfer that is currently used by gm bootloaders, but if you modified your bootloader code to chunk smaller, you could probably get away with this cable.... however, that is just speculation...

i'm sure it will work, but 32 bytes >

why bother

I count sheep in hex...

because it takes a couple minutes to modify the bootloader to chunk 32 bytes and then you already have a cable......

But you'd be crazy to make that a product for end users because it would be torture. On the other hand I just go through my tech ii (fast), but that is not viable for an end user either.. hehe

Quote Originally Posted by gameover
    i'm sure it will work, but 32 bytes >

why bother

Tuner in Training

Answered own question...