Thread: russ k please look at my tune thanks

Potential Tuner

russ k please look at my tune thanks

i have a 99 vette automatic with ls6 motor and headers.
    recently installed vigialnte convertor 2600 rpm

had local tune and since convertor i have tweaks some things, shifts decent but i am not overly happy with TCC lock,and i have lost some MPG even when driing easy, tranny is on warm side.

also, not possitve about spark control on the engine side

thanks
    paul

I made some changes to your tune. You really need to get a wideband to tune the AFR, as it is tuned by jacking the PE table.

I used a stock 1999 Corvette tune of mine to compare with, but it is a different OS. So I would need to see your tune to check some other tables.

Russ Kemp

Potential Tuner
    thanks a bunch for so quick a respose and tune.
    i do not have my stock tune as car was tuned when engine was swapped.

your tune seems to be much better on the locking and shifts very clean, but i think i like a little more aggressive on the shift and maybe firmer as well.
    alos seems like a lot of power was pulled out, could this be from some torque managment put back in?

thanks again in advance for all your help i really aprecaite it, i catch on quick but am new to tuning myself

thanks
    paul

On this tune, I firmed up the shifts a bit more. Not sure why you have less power. Your tuner had the traction control spark retard table lower than stock. But that table is only used when the TC is on & the tires loose traction.

Like I said before, you need to get a wideband & tune the AFR properly.

Russ Kemp

Potential Tuner
    thanks again russ