Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: more smoke

Tuner in Training

more smoke

I have a friend with a lb7 and he is wandering about a 50 to 80 horse tune wit lots of smoke. i have an 80 horse tune but not much smoke any help.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by gold270 View Post
    I have a friend with a lb7 and he is wandering about a 50 to 80 horse tune wit lots of smoke. i have an 80 horse tune but not much smoke any help.
    I don't want to sound like a Dick BUT Making a truck Smoke is Well, GAY, Unburned fuel that makes no power and pollutes our Air, Tell Him to Grow up.

A tune that does NOT smoke is your most powerful tune on said fuel.

Tuner
    Post your tune Please. I will help. Opinions are like a$$ holes everybody has one.
    Last edited by blued turboed1; 10-23-2008 at 10:41 AM.

For what it's worth, Jannetty IS right. It doesn't take any finesse to pump fuel right on thru the exhaust valves. Smoking isn't good for anything. Between cigarettes and your car/truck, you dont want any part of it.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blued turboed1 View Post
    Post your tune Please. I will help. Opinions are like a$$ holes everybody has one.

Just because I didn't tell you what you wanted to hear doesn't make me a bad guy

Tuner
    Well, yes. I guess that is why hi HP trucks smoke like mad. Gold just asked for some smoke not a smart remark. Not verry polite reply to a new member. Is there something wrong with that. Diesel fuel dosn't completly burn in any engine. Unless a catalyst is added that still dosn't burn all the fuel. Sounds like someone needs to grow up.

Advanced Tuner
    Well, yes. I guess that is why hi HP trucks smoke like mad. Gold just asked for some smoke not a smart remark. Not verry polite reply to a new member. Is there something wrong with that. Diesel fuel dosn't completly burn in any engine. Unless a catalyst is added that still dosn't burn all the fuel. Sounds like someone needs to grow up.
    Yeah the guy that wants his little truck to smoke, I said that.

If a Truck Smokes Regarless of horsepower, It is a Direct Result of a BAD Tune.

We have trucks that make over 600 Rear Wheel With ZERO Smoke.

See this article, it also apeared in Deisel power Magazine. http://www.jannettyracing.com/media/MOPP-0507-DIES.pdf

AT 4.00 a Gallon Who in there Right Mind wants to Waist fuel, jeprodize the Longevity of there 12,000 dollar engine just to say SEE MY SMOKE, LOOK AT ME MY TRUCK SMOKES, childish!

Potential Tuner
    It doesn't seem that he was asking for an arguement about if it is worth it or not he just wants help with smoke. That is why people buy tuners so that they can do what they want. Hey gold270 hit me with your tune and I will help you out the best I can. I have tuned a few of these.

Tuner
    Ok Gale. Thats not an artical on a smokeless 600hp truck.

Advanced Tuner
    Ok Gale. Thats not an artical on a smokeless 600hp truck.
    LOL, yeah blast me for a 4 year old article that is only part 1.
    Part 2 made 444 whp 968 wtq through the cat, with old technology and too small a turbo.

what makes you think we stopped there? LOL

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxed Out View Post
    It doesn't seem that he was asking for an arguement about if it is worth it or not he just wants help with smoke. That is why people buy tuners so that they can do what they want. Hey gold270 hit me with your tune and I will help you out the best I can. I have tuned a few of these.

Who's arguing?
    Just stating facts that's all.

Tuner
    Yea with an edge box. What else some meth mabe. Or did propane make you that madjic smokeless 600.
    Last edited by blued turboed1; 10-25-2008 at 11:22 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Yea with an edge box. What else some meth mabe. Or did propane make you that madjic smokeless 600.
    Why you asking You should know what it takes your a tuner LOL!

Tuner
    Im the one that tunes on my own vehicles, not the one that owns my own shop. You should be the one that is open to helping, not the guy doing it on the side!

Ah, hell let the boy make his truck smoke. Hell, it'll do it for a few miles, and once the engine dies from a bad tune and excessive carbon buildup, life will be good again and one less dumbass on the road.

Enjoy!

Advanced Tuner
    Im the one that tunes on my own vehicles, not the one that owns my own shop. You should be the one that is open to helping, not the guy doing it on the side!
    I am helping I am educating the Poor Lad.

Diesels are a weird thing. Unlike gas you can just keep adding fuel above your "peak power" and you wont loose power at all. All the big guys that do the truck pulls run it that rich for 2 reasons, first to squeez every last oz of power out of it, and for the show factor of the big black clouds.

You can tune it perfectly w/out any smoke, but if you want to get the big numbers you gota either let it smoke or add propane/NOS.

Tuner in Training
    There isnt any need to get excited over it. My truck makes 729 horse on fuel and a lil over 900 on Nos either way it smokes like hell and im still able to drive it tho it was built for pulling. i was just trying to help a friend out i dont mess with litle tunes like that.

wow all this bashing kinda makes me glad i got rid of my diesel...
    08 GMC rcsb 2wd. 4.8/4L80e with a dollar store turbo.
    best so far of 7.25 @ 97.4 1/8 mile

Clean it up or the thread will be closed...
    Always Support Our Troops!