Thread: Hey need some help

Tuner in Training

Hey need some help

I havent scanned the car in while, but I like to know some areas that I need tuning on, I think my 02s are way to high, and I have small kr issues, I'd like to raise timing but I knock, I not that great at tuning. basically I think my tune needs alot of work, and I confused on where to start.
    his is my tune and my scan to view, thanks for help.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    PB... [email protected]'@1.807 no nos.
    Zzp 1.9 rockers,42.5 lucus injectors,poly motor mounts 3.2", custom K/N FWI, Autolite 104s, 180*t-stat, DHP PCM, Pacesetter headers, 3" down pipe, highflow cat, 3'' exhaust to bullet mufflers. Zex dry kit with 75 shot, thrasher throttlebody spacer, Stage 2 dynotech race tranny, 3.29s, 15/16s chain, hardened imput shaft, 3000 pro torque converter.

Tuner in Training

Cool

Just a few things I've noticed from your tune:

- MAF curve has a nice step in it and it is setup to read lower airflow than stock at high RPM's. Unless you know the MAF responds this way, I would recommend to bring it back to stock. As a side note, my MAF curve looks somewhat like yours when calibrated and I can't run 9 degrees at WOT without knock.

- You are commanding AFRs in the 10s when WOT. This is why your O2's are high. You could restore your base AFR to stock (12.4) or zero out your AFR vs TPS table. In the latter case though, I would also reduce the base to 11.5 to 11.7.

- You are currently running 15 degrees timing at WOT, and I would be pretty happy with that if it didn't knock. As a matter of fact, it looks like you have a similar issue as mine. I have similar mods except for a 3.4 pulley and I can't run anywhere near 15 degrees at WOT. So far though, I haven't figured out why.

I'll post my tune and log in a separate thread (so as to not hijack yours). If you could, please post the .hpl file as that is the scan log.

Tuner in Training
    ya for some reason i coundnt upload the scan file out hpl, it keeps saving as a cfg file, if you know ho to switch it let me know and I will repost it
    Zzp 1.9 rockers,42.5 lucus injectors,poly motor mounts 3.2", custom K/N FWI, Autolite 104s, 180*t-stat, DHP PCM, Pacesetter headers, 3" down pipe, highflow cat, 3'' exhaust to bullet mufflers. Zex dry kit with 75 shot, thrasher throttlebody spacer, Stage 2 dynotech race tranny, 3.29s, 15/16s chain, hardened imput shaft, 3000 pro torque converter.

Advanced Tuner
    Try turning off injector skewing. Set them all to 100%, do a couple maf tunes to get your trims in line and then tune your wot 02's. I like to run a flat pe afr too. Makes it a lot easier to tune. You may also want to go back to stock timing and work up from there.
    2005 Grand Prix GTP
    My CarDomain Page

Tuner in Training
    the only thing is I dont have the stock tuning tables for the timing, thanks for the help.

Advanced Tuner
    Download a bin from the repository for your car and just cut and paste.
    2005 Grand Prix GTP
    My CarDomain Page

Tuner in Training
    this may sound stupid but were is the respitory where I down load it, I know its on the site but under what thread? thanks again.

Advanced Tuner
    Go to www.hptuners.com and you can get to it from there. If you have a problem let me know, I have a 2002 bin I could send you.
    2005 Grand Prix GTP
    My CarDomain Page

Tuner in Training
    ya I guess i having trouble, If you still have the 2002 gtp bin, that would be awsome, thanks for the help again.