Thread: OBD2 Blowing Fuse

Potential Tuner

OBD2 Blowing Fuse

Hello,

I am just starting to tune my 64' chevelle with a 6.0L swap, but when I plug the obd2 cable into the port it is blowing the 10 amp fuse.

It is on an isolated 10 amp feed and immediately blows when I plug in.....

Any help?

Thanks

Seth

Perhaps find the location where battery and ground are shaking hands?
    Best regards,
    Bill
    Silver 2003 C5 roadster, M6, Euro red/amber tails, Z06 Ti mufflers, Z06 2 cat H-pipe, Z06 airbox, and HPTuners s/w - available to any Corvette or other GM vehicle in Calgary, and also for Ford and Dodge products, including Cummins

Potential Tuner
    That is the thing.....It only blows when I plug in the HPtuners supplied cable to connect to the pc.

Help?

There's the OBDII port cable - the HPT box - the USB cable to the computer. Disconnect everything and plug just the OBDII port cable into car. Does the fuse blow?

Next, plug the other end of the OBDII port cable into the HPT box. Does the fuse blow? Does the green light come on, on the HPT box?

You wouldn't be doing something foolish like plugging the other end of the OBDII cable directly into the computer without using the HPT box in the middle, would you?
    Best regards,
    Bill
    Silver 2003 C5 roadster, M6, Euro red/amber tails, Z06 Ti mufflers, Z06 2 cat H-pipe, Z06 airbox, and HPTuners s/w - available to any Corvette or other GM vehicle in Calgary, and also for Ford and Dodge products, including Cummins

Potential Tuner
    Ummm....I am stupid. Thanks dude.

No problem. You're not the first person to do that. Have fun!
    Best regards,
    Bill