Thread: 1998 Hummer H1 6.5L Turbo Scanning

1998 Hummer H1 6.5L Turbo Scanning

Hello,

I attempted to do some diagnostic work on a 98 H1 with a 6.5L turbo diesel over the weekend. When I hooked up to the vehicle to use the scanner function, the vehicle was recongized as a 2006 Hummer Alpha with a Duramax. In addition, I could only read a few parameters like ect, iat, rpm, mph and calculated engine load.

I didn't expect to be able to use the editor functions in my HP Tuner interface, but I did expect to be able to scan this application.

I'm currently running version 2.2.0. Is there some work-around that can be done? Ideally, I would need to be able to view lots of engine parameter and use some of the "on-off" functions of the scanner.

Is there anything that can be done with the current software...or are there things in the works that could get me to the end of this road?

Matt

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Sounds like you ARE getting functionality from the scanner ie generic GM pid's, enhanced pid's are NOT supported on any pcm that is NOT supported.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Parts of the scanner function did work. The only parameters that I could see were RPM, MPH, ECT, IAT and SAE corrected load.

For the testing I was doing, I was hoping to be able to see MAP and PCM detected misfires.

It's all fine though...I have access to a tech 2 to get some of the information needed for the diagnosis.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yeah if its not on our supported vehicles listing and you get functionality at all with the scanner its a plus. There are many GM/Ford vehicles that you won't even be able to connect to so any scanner functionality is a good thing for unsupported vehicles.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"