Thread: OBD-II Addressing

Potential Tuner

OBD-II Addressing

I've noticed in the protocol for the obd downloads, the address is 1 byte in size. How do you download data past address 0xFF??

Thanks.

Re: OBD-II Addressing

like a bin file from a flash? That should read alot bigger. What program are you using?
    Business Network Solutions - for all your PC, network, printer and computer security needs.

Re: OBD-II Addressing

I am using my own software. I guess what I was referencing was the B&B Protocol document that indicated the address was a 1 byte, unsigned parameter. At this point, I'm reading documentation and getting a handle on how to communicate via the obd-II port.

I've got an excellent flash file editor I wrote and a B&B cable on the way. My next step is to retrieve a complete eeprom. The fun part I suspect will be finding the most useful editing params, such as WOT fuel/spark.

For the FORD computers, I was able to teach my software to find the data via opcode read/writes and other means. I wonder what chip/opcode the LS1 computers use :-/

What I really need are know edited files, then files that are clean unedited. Should take about 30 seconds to find locations this way.

At this point, I want to read as much as possible, so comment away.