Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: More tables on older I4 platforms...

More tables on older I4 platforms...

In the past these requests have been blown off and even ignored. I know that the LSx platform is the bread and butter, but I along with others do not feel that I can give my customers 100% with the lack of tables on the older I4 platforms (IE : Jbodies, S10). Granted I know that the PCM does not have all the info as some of the newer stuff, but with the tables we do have I don't see how GM made the car Emissions compliant. We don't even have a Commanded Stoich table. The only Commanded AFR table we have available to us is for PE. An EQ Ratio/offset would also be nice so more accurate control could be had instead of just PE commanded at X ECT temp. I just feel more could be done than just VE tables. I know this sounds like I am bitching but I just want to be able to give my customers the best tune I can and I know that with more access to other tables I could do better. I am greatful that we even have the support for these platforms, I just feel that since the platform is essentially a dead one, we get left behind... Please reconsider and help me and others make our customers more happy. More happy customers = more customers which = more business to HPT for more credits

Thanks...

P&P Tuning

Almost 1 month, 70+ views, and no responses.....

P&P Tuning

Question

I second that request. Please please please...... I just figured the the same, that there were not many requests for the I4 & I5 platforms. And since it was a platform that has been around awhile, the development was done. Will try to think back to what issues I have hit in the past in addition to those I am still hitting and post them up. And maybe just maybe the HPT gods will bless us......
    Steve

2007 GMC Canyon Z71-4x4 | 3.7 I5-Auto | 4" Skyjacker suspension lift | 3" Performance Accessories body lift | 33x11.5x17 tires (going 35x12.5x17) | 3.73 gears | 57 K&N | BPi VS | AMS EaAU 6081 | SSK MAF Adapter | NGK AFX w/ NTK WBO2 | AMSoil fluids

unfortunately the older I4 PCM's are very complicated and confusing when it comes to open and closed loop fuelling. There are a ridiculous number of tables, parameters, correction factors, other factors and limits and modes used to control what should be a pretty simple thing. I have looked at it a number of times and it is a very big job to nail down the useful parameters from the junk.

i have found a the main openloop AFR table and afew others, after SEMA we will be evaluating our development plans for 2009 and adding these (and for V6's as well) is on the list.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help!!!!
    Steve

2007 GMC Canyon Z71-4x4 | 3.7 I5-Auto | 4" Skyjacker suspension lift | 3" Performance Accessories body lift | 33x11.5x17 tires (going 35x12.5x17) | 3.73 gears | 57 K&N | BPi VS | AMS EaAU 6081 | SSK MAF Adapter | NGK AFX w/ NTK WBO2 | AMSoil fluids

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    i have found a the main openloop AFR table and afew others, after SEMA we will be evaluating our development plans for 2009 and adding these (and for V6's as well) is on the list.

Chris...
    Thank you for responding Chris. Unfortunatly I will not be able to make it to SEMA this year (Talked with Bill and Keith last year for a bit), but I can't wait to see what is coming for the future. As stated before, I really hope you come through with these parameters/tables so we can give our customers the best tune possible. If you need any help/Beta on these, please do not hesitate. I have all 3 engines (2.2 OHV, 2.4, 2.2 ECO) at my disposal, along with the SC reflashed 2.4 cars. I am more than happy to help out with whatever I can to help you help us.

Thanks....

P&P Tuning

Sounds like this would greatly help me out as well. I have concluded i'm pretty much at the limit of what HPT can currently do for my car and I'd love to be able to keep it instead of having to move on to a standalone.

Tuner in Training
    More options would be great. When I go from my LS1 to my eco the amount of tuning seems to be easily cut in half.

'92 Typhoon (GM crate engine, TD06H, diacom, 19 psi) needs tune
    '98 corvette. 6speed (12.79@110)
    '04 Cavalier. ecotec 5speed dailydriver. body kit. 35mpg. (10.15@69 1/8th) slow

Tuner in Training
    I must be dreaming. I cannot believe that we got an actual replie on this. I assumed that my keyboard was typing in invisible letters and gave up long ago.
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11440
    2001 Chevy S-10 2.2L mostly stock
    2006 G6 GTP 3.9L stock

Tuner in Training
    Oh and one more thing. I have a problem that is related to COT. Since I replaced my cat with one of the flow through varieties, I'm getting a commanded a/f of 14.3 instead of 14.7. No check engine light and all related codes are disabled. I'm sure that this is due to COT. Access to the COT tables would be nice. Thanks
    2001 Chevy S-10 2.2L mostly stock
    2006 G6 GTP 3.9L stock

I also would like to see more. I have seen more timing than what is in the timing tables, so there is fields, or mofidiers we do not have access to.

Oh yeah, please, please, please give us more!!!
    1996 Grand Am GT 2.4l Twin Cam

Tuner in Training
    Thanks Ryan for the post and bringing this up. Thanks Chris and Hptuners for looking into this for us. Continued support of our platform is greatly appreciated!

im no shop, im not some big time tuner or anything but i have even seen the need for more tables. looking at my own tune as well as when i have brought my hpt into a dyno shop to tune a turbo 2.4 and the tuner looking at me like wtf is this? he had such a hard time getting the car to run properly to how the customer would want it with what he had to work with. it would be nice to have the other tables and parameters open for us to view and work with. even if some of them were minimal and nothing drastic we as tuners and a community could discuss how to use/tune these. i think actually having the tables there in view is better than not having them at all even if they are seen as junk tables. the stuff we have now to work with is so minimal that anything could help.
    also with GM as our proof we know certain things can be done with these pcm's, it would be nice to be able to edit our pcm's to the extent they have or to work with what they have givin us i.e. the ecotec s/c reflash. even if you cant crack the reflash, it would be nice to have a more in depth access to tables and the stuff that we cant see to try and either mimic this reflash or actually safely tune for boost.

Potential Tuner
    I'd love to have more capabilities with the 2.4L Twin Cam platform.

Advanced Tuner
    Add another vote for more capability.

Tuner in Training Alex Richards's Avatar
    Another vote :-)

2001 Cavalier, A4, 2.2l OHV, Wiseco 8.85:1 Pistons, Eagle H-Beams, Headwork, SBC Roller Rockers, 5/16" Pushrods. Turboed This off-season...

Advanced Tuner
    One more helpful suggestion - jbody guys do not have access to a lot of the VCM contolrs - for example, I cannot reset fuel trims or spark learn. This would make some aspects of life much easeier
    Also the OL commanded AFR tables you speak of, does this include startup/warm up?
    Last edited by oldskool; 01-13-2009 at 07:16 AM.
    2013 Cruze Eco - CAI, Catless DP, Catless MP, ZZP FMIC, Ported Intake Manifold, Mild tune (17psi), best 43.5mpg, 175ftlbs (pid)

2008 Solstice GXP - ZFR 6758, catless, AEM stage 1 water/methanol injection, Hahn Racecraft Intercooler, solo street race cat back, LE5 throttle body - 307whp on a dyno dynamics (stock turbo numbers), 100 octane EFR6758 numbers - 463whp/454wtq

Tuner
    Another vote for more tables.

Potential Tuner
    And another vote. Besides what's already been mentioned, I'd like to see some more Injector Control tables (IFR/IPW) if possible too.